Jealousy (for scottymcscotty)

Jealousy.

"Hi, i'm Liam and I'll be your waiter today."

You looked up from the menu at the familiar voice and to see one of your friends from college. "Liam! Hi!" You exclaimed as he looked up from his notepad. The boy was in most of your college classes and he had always had a slight crush on you.

"Y/n? Hey!" He replied with a smile, reaching out to hug you and you were sure that Lauren practically growled.

"Lauren, this is Liam, my friend from college."..."Liam, this is Lauren."

The brunette just waved her hand in Liam's direction and smiled weakly, Liam looked quite embarrased and then turned his attention back to you.

"It's great to see you again! What can I get you today?" Your friend said politly, looking at you abit longer. You looked to your girlfriend and she rolled her eyes purposefully.

"Can I have the waffles with maple syrup and a side of blueberries please?" You asked politely, not noticing his now flirty manner.

"Yeah can I have the same." Lauren said, eyeing the boy intently.

"Sure."..."If you need anything just give me a call." He said, winking subtly at you.

You looked to your girlfriend and she noticed the encounter. She reached for your hand over the table. Liam stared at your joined hands and made himself scarce.

"Well. He's pretty annoying." Lauren complained. You squeezed her hand ressuringly, as you could see her getting quite annoyed. She smiled in response and entwined your fingers together. "and he's crushing on my girlfriend."

"Lets just enjoy our time together babe." You said with a smile, trying to calm her down a little. Lauren nodded in response and smiled lovingly, before standing up to sit next to you. She shuffled along the booth seat and wrapped her arm around your shoulder.

Reaching into your pocket, you grabbed your phone and clicked the camera app. You extended your arm and snapped a photo of you and Lauren.

'@Y/T/N: Brunch with my girl <3 #blueberrywafflesarelife. @LaurenJauregui.'

***

Out of the corner of her eye, Lauren could see Liam approaching again, causing her to groan under her breath.

"Are you okay y/n? Can I get you anything else?"

"For you to leave us alone." Your girlfriend mumbled, clearly pissed now. He either genuinly didn't hear her or he was just ignoring her, as he looked to you and smiled widely. He placed his hand on your shoulder. "By the way, you're still real pretty."

"Whoa! I don't think so!" Lauren exclaimed, "Back up the truck a minute. If anyone can call her pretty, it's her girlfriend!" His mouth gaped open, clearly in shock at the brunettes outburst.

"Girlfriend? Sorry I didn't even realise." He stuttered, trying to avoid eyecontact with Lauren.

"Okay, no worries, please can we have some alone time now...we'll shout you if we need anything else." She requested and Liam departed quickly, his cheeks now turning a bright red shade.

"Is someone jealous?" You teased, sticking your tongue out at her.

"Pft, jealous? Of that loser? Ha, nope. Plus, I'm the one who gets to take you home..." She retorted, pulling you even closer into her side. "And do this..." she said, holding your face in her hands and kissing you with as much passion as possible.

"I only have eyes for you babe."