Nightmares

"M-mam- mama." You heard your little girl sob from the side of your bed, at 2am.

Quickly, you pulled out of Lauren's embrace and sat up to see a tiny silhouette standing in the dark trembling.

"Ava?! What's wrong?" You panicked, pulling her into your embrace.

"Honey?" You heard your wife's husky tone with confusion, stirring from her sleep. Then she sat up on the bed to see your sobbing daughter in your embrace.

"Ava? What's happened baby!" The brunette exclaimed, quickly moving over and moving Ava's hair out of her face.

"I-i had a bad dream...there were monsters getting me mo-mommy!" She cried, trembling with fear.

"Shh princess, you're okay..."

"B-but the mon-monsters were gonna get m-me mama"

"Aw listen Ava, monsters aren't real...plus we would never let anybody or anything hurt you darling..." Lauren cooed, stroking the little girls hair.

"Do you wanna sleep in here Ava?" You asked her whilst rubbing her back reassuringly and she nodded her head slowly in reply.

"Okay princess, jump in." Lauren said, lifting the duvet up for Ava to climb under.

She wriggled off of your lap and then moved under the duvet, snuggled between you and your wife, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Ma-mama." She whimpered, reaching out for you.

Laying down beside her, you wrapped your arms around her shoulder and pulled her into your chest.

She wrapped her fingers in you hair and nuzzled into your body, still whimpering but now with closed eyes.

"That's it baby girl, we're right here, shhhh." Your wife reassured, also laying down and rubbing Ava's back.

***

A few minutes later, the room fell quiet and Ava's breathing had evened out.

"Is she asleep?"

Your wife nodded in reply and kissed the top of your daughters head. "You know I love you darling..." The singer cooed, running her hands through your hair.

In response, you leant carefully over your little girl and kissed Lauren's waiting lips.

"Mm, I love you too baby." You murmured in a tired tone as Lauren traced shapes over your arm and you fell asleep.

A/N: Sorry that this is so short! Just a filler chap whilst I write part 2 for the previous chapter ☺️💕