Chapter 19: Riddler Trial (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

BATMAN/JOHNNY: I do.

Batman/Johnny knocked out the thug unconscious and went inside the building.

Inside the hallway that Batman/Johnny is in right now, there was a window glass above a door with green question mark painted on it but before he opened it, The Riddler appeared as a light projector against the wall.

RIDDLER: So you decided to play along with my little gamer, have you?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Let them go, Riddler. They're innocent.

RIDDLER: Don't be stupid, Dark Knight. They wouldn't find themselves in the predicament they are currently in if they had tried to think just a few steps ahead now, would they? Now, shall we proceed to the game, Batman?

As the light projector Riddler disappeared on the wall, Batman/Johnny opened the door only to find himself on a one giant oversized room with highly dangerous electrified floors except on the portion where Batman/Johnny is standing on.

Batman/Johnny saw the hostage on the middle of the room with his arms tied up on the ceiling struggling to break free but also trying to avoid to fall over the electric floor.

HOSTAGE: Hey, Batman! I'm over here! You've got to save me!

Batman/Johnny sees an elevator shaft at the very end of the room directly straight at him. He turned on his Detective Mode to find a way to get pass through the electrified floor.

Using his Detective Mode, Batman/Johnny sees all the electrified floors' circuitry connected to a green question mark planted on each side of the wall.

Batman/Johnny tossed a Batarang at the dot on one of the Question Marks to stop the charge on portions of the floor. Some portions of the electrified floor stopped charging like a maze that leads to the elevator shaft.

RIDDLER: I see that you've turned it off, but for how long, Dark Knight?

Batman/Johnny started to run on the non-electrified as fast as he can to the elevator shaft before it turned on. He quickly made it to elevator shaft just in time for the portion of the floor is re-electrified.

Batman/Johnny tosses another question mark dot that will cause the elevator in the back to rise. Once Batman/Johnny was now on the top, he sees the hostage in front of him but in a greater distance. This made him use his Line Launcher from his utility belt.

The Line Launcher is a grapnel device used to get across large gaps or distances that couldn't be normally traversed. It was an alternative to the Grapnel Gun. It could only be used to traverse horizontally, not up or down.

Batman quickly snatched the hostage on his hand and smashed through the window leading them back to the hallway and safely landed to the ground.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: You're safe now.

HOSTAGE: (*breathes heavily) How... how did you do that?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Riddler gave you trophy, right?

HOSTAGE: Yeah, he did. Why doesn't he just tell you what he wants?

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Because he's insane.

HOSTAGE: Huh... you don't say.

The hostage handed Batman/Johnny the second Riddler Trophy and glued it to the Conundrum box. Another riddle was revealed as a message recorder.

RIDDLER: Riddle me this: If you know me, you'll want to share me but if you share me, I'll be gone. What am I?

Batman/Johnny studied the riddle carefully in order to avoid any mistakes and find the next hostage as soon as possible. With enough time to uncover the answer, Batman/Johnny rearranged the letters on the box and formed the word 'Secrets'.

RIDDLER: Three solved? It seems I must've underestimated your abilities, but before you start to feel superior, you should try and rescue my next hostage. Invite your little Robin as well.

The location of the next Riddler hostage was shown at the small screen on the conundrum box. Batman/Johnny communicates with Gordon through his earbud within his cowl.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Gordon, I've found one of the hostages that Riddle kidnapped. I need an officer to pick him up.

GORDON: Good to hear that, Batman. I'll send a car at your location.

Batman/Johnny pressed some buttons on his right gauntlet and it showed a holographic screen that can allow him to communicate with his allies face-to-face. He chose to communicate with Richard Grayson, AKA Robin.

BATMAN/JOHNNY: Robin, I have another lead on a Riddler hostage. I'm going to need your help on this one.

ROBIN: Got it. I'll meet you there.

Batman/Johnny stayed for a few minutes with the hostage while waiting for the police until they arrived. The police have escorted the hostage back to the precinct safely while Batman/Johnny went to the next Riddler room.

To be continued....