I turned around slowly and squared up, then it hit me. Everything hit me at once. All the memories of my life with Melodie, the hurt, the betrayal and all the healing I had to do to get over her. She's the reason I was on the streets that night I met Emrys, the night I acted like an idiot and almost got myself killed.

"I am not an object Melodie that you can just pick up and do whatever you want with. I am sick and tired of how you have been talking to me and everyone around me. I wished I hadn't remembered you, or anything about you. I lost so much time trying to remember something that was never there in the first place. You need to leave. Now."

An eery silence fell across the room, you could hear a pin drop.

"You can't be serious. Damon, you chose to remember me. Me and not her. You can't just drop me?" Melodie pleaded, coming closer to me.

"What? Drop you as you dropped me for someone else after lying to me about being pregnant with my baby or how I stupidly dropped the woman I'm engaged to?" I snapped back.

Her mouth was agape and she had no word to say.

"Now leave. I have to be there for my woman. Don't even think you are welcome back here again. I can't believe I fell for you again, that I forgot about everything but you. But I've learned so much during this time and I'm glad I can kick you out once more."

I could see Melodie's demeanour falter. This was long overdue and I regret not being able to remember quickly enough.

Melodie dragged herself out to the door but before she could leave Alex decided to pipped up as Rose would.

"In the words of the sister that is not here today, Bye bitch." then proceeded to do a little wave, making Annora burst out laughing adding to Melodie's embarrassment.

After hearing the front door slam I let out a breath of air as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. My head was aching and my heart too but I was glad that I finally felt more like myself.

"Damon?" I heard Amelia call out to me.

"Yeah?" I shook out of my thoughts and looked towards her.

"Emrys, labour, baby. Might want to head out now." she reminded me, giving me a look that mum would do to shake me up.

I snapped back into the reality of my situation. Dad gave me a nod and together we headed to his car and drove off to the hospital letting the others know what to do and to call mum, Rose and Carter and to make sure that Aj was okay and taken care of.

We got to the hospital and got led to where Emrys had been taken to. I didn't know how to feel as I walked into the room. How do I approach the subject? However, I didn't even get to that stage because as we walked into the room there were so many nurses and just people surrounding her and strapping her to monitors that the chance to speak to her never arose.

Dad and I left her to get settled in and for me to calm down and phone Annie and Paul to get them over here for her as soon as they could. Especially Annie for her experience with labour until her mum arrives and to sort of taking over the role mum would hold should she be here. As soon as Annie arrived she went straight to see her. I stayed with dad and discussed all the little pieces that seemed to me still missing for me. He explained that no one could tell me that what I was believing was wrong until I was a little more stable, the stress would just have made me worse rather than better. I still didn't understand why I wasn't told the truth, I could handle it and that just got me angry and frustrated with myself and my family. I did not want to feel that, I did not want to feel such anger and resentment when the woman I love was in there carrying a baby, our baby and she needs me. I haven't been there for her and I can't live with that thought. I have failed her and our children.