Christmas

Christmas:

"Mama! It's Christmas!" The 5 year old squealed whilst jumping on the bed. "Has Santa been yet mama?" Your daughter questioned, placing her tiny hands on your cheeks. You untangled yourself from your wifes embrace and squinted as you looked at your phone.

"Ava, sweetie, it's 4 in the morning." You tried to calm the excited girl down. After failing miserably, you lifted her into your arms and placed her between yourself and your wife. You sat up against the headboard and stretched your arms above your head, and then cuddled the little girl into your side. "Happy christmas princess, lets try not to wake mommy up, she needs to rest." You whispered, in between placing kisses upon Ava's head.

"What time is it y/n?" you heard Lauren groan a few minutes later, rolling over to face the tiny brunette.

"4am" you replied with a giggle, upmost innocence upon Ava's face.

"4am?! I'm glad you find this funny babe!" She mumbled. "Ava, baby, it's nap time..."She continued, trying to convince your daughter to go back to sleep.

"but mommy, it's Christmas!" The mini Lauren exclaimed, with the famous 'puppy dog' eyes, moving to jump on Lauren. The older brunette retaliated by wrapping her arms around Ava and tickling her frantically.

"Ma- mama! Sa-save me!" The little girl squealed in between laughter. The scene literally made your heart melt.

"No y/n babe! Help me tickle her!" Lo shouted in a childish tone.

"Sometimes I wonder who's the 5 year old in this family..." You said with laughter, moving to 'save' your daughter. You reached forward and pulled Ava into your embrace, making Lauren laugh even harder.

"thank ya mama! I love choo!" Ava whispered out of breath as she cuddled into your side. You leant down and kissed her head, "love you too princess."

"Hey! What about me?!" Lauren joked, a pout on her face.

"We love choo too mommy!" The 5 year old replied, reaching out for Lolo's embrace. "I love you too sweetie" You watched with love as your wife pulled you both into her arms. "Mama? Please can we open presents?" Ava pleaded, tilting her head to the side as she looked up at you and Lauren.

"C'mon then mija"

"YAY!" She squealed, practically diving out of the bed and running towards the doorway.

"Ava, don't run!" Lauren exclaimed in worry, now jumping out of the bed too. "I'm surprised I haven't got gray hair yet..." She added as your daughter slowed down a little at your wifes worried tone.

Lauren shook her head, but smiled at your daughters antics. "She's literally a smaller version of you y/n" She laughed, wrapping her arm around your waist so you could both walk towards the doorway. As the 5 year old rushed along the hallway, you entwined your fingers with Laurens and spun her round.

"Merry Christmas Lo, I love you." you said lovingly, reaching up to place a kiss on her waiting lips.

"Mm, love choo too baby." She imitated Ava's usual mispronunciation, with that adorable laugh that made you fall even more in love. She leant down, planted a tender kiss on your forehead and squeezed your hand in her own.