Lake House Getaway

Start from the beginning

I felt myself melt into his arms, feeling like I lost track of where I was. His arms make me feel safe, like I have no worries, no fears, just a calming feeling. "My grandpa taught me how to fish here," I mentioned, imagining that moment when the only worry in my life was not getting fast food. "I remember playing with my toys in the water with Frankie. My mom stole her for that weekend. Not literally," I giggled, snuggling closer to his neck.     

"Do you ever think about us? What our future could be like? All the memories we could form," I wondered, admiring the cotton candy clouds floating in the sky. Is it too early to think about it? We have only been together for eight months, but I can't imagine falling for anyone else.

"Well, I think there are long conversations to be had about our future and what kind of life we could form together," he answered, rubbing my arms that were interlocked with his.

"Should we even talk about it? With everything that's going on and could happen," I added, chewing my cheek. Who even knows if I could survive the ritual. Death. Just the thought of it sent a shiver down my spine. 

"We can talk about it whenever you're ready," he expressed.

"I rather just enjoy the cute duckies walking around the shore," I said, my lips curled up into a smile.

"Let's form a new memory here," Lucas suggested. My brows furrowed. "This is where your boyfriend whispered into your ear," he softly swept aside a lock of my brunette hair. "That he loves you," he murmured, placing a loving kiss on my cheek causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

--------

"I was never much of a cook but would always end up being left to cook on my own," I rambled, taking a small sip from my wine glass. 

"I know," he chuckled, gliding the knife through the onion, "You remember the time you tried to cook us tacos? Almost burnt the house down," he joked, throwing the onion slices into the pot.

"That's because you distracted me with your lips," I playfully rolled my eyes. I glance over to the wood-burning fireplace, starting to lose its spark. It danced and moved, almost as if it was living, "I think the fire is starting to die down."

"Oh, really, I should go get some more wood," Lucas spoke, sprinkling more herbs into the pot. 

My eyebrows furrow, "I got it," I suggested, starting to lift myself up from the couch. I place my wineglass down on the wooden table in front of the couch.

"No, it's cold outside. I'll get it," he said, walking over to stop me.

My hand rested on his chest. "I'll just get a sweater," I answered, turning away to the hallway that leads to my mother's room. The room was disheveled, perfumes on the counter, the closest full of her clothes. My mother never wanted to come back after my grandpa's death, I don't really blame her. I closed the door, moving to my old room that had our suitcases in it.

I walked to my full closest, most of my clothes too small to even fit. A red and black plaid sweater caught my eye. Memories flooded into my mind. "Here," I chugged it at Lucas who just walked into the room. The sweater was tight around his biceps and upper chest. "My grandpa gave that to me. You look really hot in it."

"I look hot in your grandpa's sweater?" Lucas questioned, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah," I bite my lip, eyeing his tone body. "Really hot," I smiled, watching him walking closer towards me. His arms pulled me closer, so close I can feel every curve of his body. Lucas's hand moves up my back to cup my head as our lips finally move, meeting in a burst of passion. My body sets afire, every inch of me tingles as warmth spreads through me.