Hero

Third Person

"What?" Lucas said, tilting his head to the side, furrowing his brows.

"I'm guessing my bitch-ass brother failed to mention me. Oh well, that's okay, my feelings aren't hurt at all," Lorenzo said, retrieving his hand.

"Yeah. . ." Lucas mumbled, scratching the nape of his neck.

A heavy silence settled over them, thicker than the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. Unsettled eyes glanced unceremoniously around, and Lucas tried to avoid catching his uncle's gaze. Lucas rubbed his sweaty hands against his trousers.

"Well, give your favorite uncle a hug," Lorenzo said, gripping his arms around Lucas's unresponsive body. Lucas's arms were forced to his sides as his uncle pressed his firm body into his. Finally, after what felt like an eternity to Lucas, his uncle released him.

"I don't mean to be rude, but why are you here again?" Lucas asked.

"To help your little girlfriend come back to life, of course," Lorenzo answered, flinging around the ending of his scarf.

"Well, you're a little too late," Lucas said, gradually closing the door behind him.

"Hey, Luke, who's at the door?" Lucas's father said, appearing from the corner of the hallway, making Lucas lose his grip on the door. Lucas noticed the shock registered on his father's face. It was obvious. The last person anyone expected to arrive here was his long-lost brother. "What are you doing here?" His father spat, pulling Lucas into the house behind him.

"Visiting my little brother, of course," Lorenzo grinned, opening his arms wide for his brother but was held back with his hand. "Oh, baby brother don't be so cruel."

"Don't be so cruel? Where were you when Mom and Dad died? I know where, gathering up your little troops. We don't need you here, you're not welcome here!" His father angrily ranted. Pain was written in his father's eyes.

Ever since Carter mentioned Lucas's uncle, the thoughts crossed his mind over asking his parents about him. With everything going on, Lucas never had the chance to mention him to them; he also was terrified for the outcome of bringing his name up.

"It's been years! Get over it! I'm here now and I lied. I'm not here for you, I'm here for Imogen," Lorenzo admitted, trying to push the door open by using his foot.

"Lorenzo, don't make me use my strength," His father threatened, the anger radiating off him like a glowing light bulb.

"Ah, Ah, little brother, you know I'm much stronger than you," Lorenzo smiled, using his full force on opening the door.

Lucas and his father backed away, waiting to see Lorenzo's next move. However, his father was heated and proceed to charge up to his younger brother. Lorenzo gestured a sign with his hand causing Lucas's father to stay still. Lucas walked next to his father, waving his hand, in front of his face. No reaction left him, even with Lucas shaking his body.

"He's under a spell," Lorenzo mentioned, fixing his scarf that got untied from his neck.

"Can you remove it?!" Lucas demanded, pointing at his father's emotionless body.

"I will, once I hand you this," Lorenzo said, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket and handing it to Lucas. "Clearly, I'm not welcome here. So show up at the address if you want Imogen back."

With that, Lorenzo disappeared into thin air. Lucas unfolded the crumpled paper, revealing an address in the middle of nowhere. Should I risk myself to go find out if my uncle is lying, Lucas pondered? His uncle could be lying but if there is a chance Imogen could come back then it's worth it right? Lucas was brutally startled when his father unfroze and charged to the door until he realized his older brother was gone.