Conflicts

Today your in-laws visited our home! And gave gift to your wife.
Make these bonds cancel and get money. Your sister wants to buy jewelry, she added..

If she wants to buy jewelry she can! But for that why she needs my wife's money?
Isn't her husband earning good?

Sravan? She almost shouted at him.

Yes mom!
This money isn't ours, it's a hard earned money thrown in savings for her secured future life.

If my sister wants to buy jewelry then why don't she ask her husband itself? Why she need my wife's money for that..

Your wife's money? Isn't she a part of our family?

So? She has to contribute her parents money for our sake?
It's her money, sravan stood up saying that..

What'll happen if she gives her money? Is she going to buy something for herself? Anyways why she needs money for what purpose?

Wherever purpose we don't have any right to know about it unless she asks for advice, he said in calm tone..

She is my DIL she knows well I think about her happiness, I gave my son to her, who can take care of her needs.. And so there's no need for her with this money..

And moreover they didn't gave any dowry right!

Mom! Stop it..
Mom if you think she's a part of our family you won't bug her since morning. Did you look at her, at least once? He turned to sisira who just came with tea cup for him.

So she already started complaining about me?
What madam you started telling your husband that I'm treating you as maid!

No-no mom i-- I didn't sa-id anything to --!

Even she won't tell anyone can tell looking at her itself, he added..

Is it wrong to do our own house work? It's our house and she is our DIL, won't she take care about her own house?

Mom if so, why did you bugged my sister in-laws till they have a maid for themselves? Your daughter is also a DIL to their in-laws. Then she can also fulfill her responsibilities. But didn't you ask them to keep a maid for themselves?

Sravan? Why are you taking your wife's side?

No mom I'm not taking anyone's side. I'm just telling if you too treat her as your own daughter. She'll definitely do every work happily.
Person's mind behaves the way others treat her.. If you treat her with love she'll do anything, and everything with smile..

Am I not treating her as my daughter? That's what you're trying to tell? His mom almost shouted at him.

No mom I'm just telling if you treat her as DIL it'll never change relation between you and her. But if you treat her as your daughter. She'll love you more and treat you as her own mother..

Enough!

Everyone turned to his dad who just came from outside..

"Have you lost your mind? Talking against your Mom?"

But Dad! He tried to explain only to get his words cut off by his dad's sigh..

And you? He turned to his wife, "why the hell you're taking her money? As if you don't have yours! You want us to get insulted from our neighbors who were watching out from their homes as if drama is going on here in our home."

These people are much interested in other people's lives rather than watching serials..

Take these bonds and keep it for yourself, he said keeping those bonds in sisira's hand. We don't need your money nor your house. Got it?

Bu- t dad I didn't--sa-id!

Now enough everyone get back to your rooms..

In their room:

Sravan and sisira got back to their room after the huge argument outside..

Sisira got into their room with slow steps, fondling the cover in her hands and tears in her eyes.. Money is soo bad it can do anything, even break relationships or join the relationships, she thought wiping her tears..

She looked at sravan who is busy in taking the pair of night suits and headed to the bathroom..

While sisira sat on bed keeping the bonds aside.. Waiting for him..

After 10 min he finished his bath and came back..

"Who -told yo-u to interfere?
Now you got relief of making my image much lower in your parents eyes? Is this enough, are you still want to spill extra poison in my life?"

Po-ison? What are you talking sisira? I just spoke what's right, he said in calm yet stren tone.

But at the end I'm the sufferer! I became as villain in their eyes. At first they told I snatched you from their lives! And now you started argument making it much bigger issue.

What'll they think about me? Do you have any idea?

In these two days you gave a good ending to my life. Be happy now. That they'll never consider me at least as human..

Why are you talking like that? He tried to touch her shoulder, but she got  up and moved away from bed..

Sravan left speechless to see her behavior.. He too got up and went near to her.

I don't think I had done mistake in talking what's right. But it's doesn't mean I'm going against my parents!
I think you should need some time to get things clear to you..

To be contd

To be contd....
_________________________________

(In previous days it's mentioned as "Sthri dhanam" , means parents used to give some amount to their daughter after getting married, for a secured life of hers.

But day by day it turned as custom to get money from girl's side and named as dowry.. Unfortunately many people has to pay a lot in these harassment.

But also have to mention that according to some arguments between couples..

"Like a girl brings some amount of dowry and sits for lifelong enjoying her husband hard earned money.
But what about the same girl they're mentioning? They look after you, your needs, children, home, In-laws, relatives etc etc..
These are little differences that cause rifts between couples..

If they think they're doing for each other. For their happy living will such questions arise? Nothing is mine nor yours!
It should be like ours..

So the tradition is still being followed. Parents thinking about girls future. They are paying high amounts of dowry to get them married for person who has a secured job.
On the other hand grooms parents hunting for brides who should fill every criteria that,
They should be beautiful,
They should pay high dowry,
They should even do job.. Etc etc..)

So what do you think of the above written📝 things of dowry. Who should be blamed?

So how's the chap?

Share your views..

See you soon with another update..

If you like hit the ⭐🌟

Don't forget to comment,

Yours Pradhana..

2/4/2020, 7:30 PM..