Parents vs In-laws!

Unedited...

After finishing dinner, I started setting back everything to kitchen and started cleaning up.

"Did you got money from your FIL?"

We got back to his home and I was working in the kitchen, yet their talks grabbed my attention..

They're moving to city, after selling their house. And from that amount they'll give it a week, he added..

Oh is it?
Then why don't they give that house as a gift to her daughter, his mom said to him.

Are we going to buy that house? He questioned back to his mom..

No! We can get benefit from that instead of money, and they're anyways going to city right!

But mom they're selling coz they need money so that they can clear some loan taken from bank and want to buy small apartment, he added moving out from his chair..

Why they need it anyway? They can rent somewhere or anywhere! They're still doing their jobs right!

But they'll get retirement soon before that they need to pay off their sums..

I was watching everything from the kitchen itself hiding behind the wall. How can they talk about my parents, like that? If she's the only child to them then who's gonna support them after she gets married!

 How can they talk about my parents, like that? If she's the only child to them then who's gonna support them after she gets married!

Before I couldn't do job but now I can do right! I can be a helping hand to my parents at least.

And moreover they wanted to take the house just coz of money?

I need to talk to them about this..
But is it good to talk supporting my parents in front of my in-laws?
Of course I have to talk it's my parents future they're talking about..

Mom?
I stood at the entrance of kitchen to talk about it.

Yes.. Her voice is bit harsh.

Before even I could speak, she started. "Why don't you ask your parents to gift that house on your name?"

And moreover you should support your husband and his family rather than thinking about your parents.. Do you understand what I'm talking about?

Mo-m I --?!

Stop it mom! Why are you making this issue raise? It's small amount right! And instead of that you're asking a huge benefit.. How will they pay their loans if they give that house for free?

I turned to see him. His gaze is still on his mom. He's supporting my parents!

"What are you waiting for? Don't you have little courage to ask some benefits from your parents? Everytime you just return with empty hands carrying these unnecessary food items!

If I ask them they think I'm asking for extra dowry. But if you ask them they'll think it's your wish and they'll fulfill it going to any range..