Volume 7 Chapter 10

Author's notes

For this chapter, I skipped episode 10 of this volume since it's basically everyone just fighting Grimm, evacuating civilians and then Ironwood's announcement about Salem... So yeah, I couldn't really find something interesting to write so I decided to skip to episode 11 and continue on from there.

Onyx's POV

Onyx: Haaaaahhh!

In one swift motion, I slash the Sabyr's head off as it dissipates.

Kelly: (approaching me as she sheathes her weapon) That should be all of it in the area.

Onyx: (sheathing Deathblade) All of the nearby civilians have been evacuated?

Kelly: Yep.

Onyx: (sigh) Good. But evacuation ain't over ye-

I suddenly get a radio message from Ironwood as I open up my scroll.

Ironwood: (through the scroll) Team LTNG I need you guys back here in the academy now. It's urgent. I've already relayed the message to Team RWBY and Team JNPR. 

Onyx: W-What? O-Ok then.

I close my scroll as I look at Kelly.

Kelly: What was that all about?

Onyx: I don't know, the general is calling us back for some reason.

Kelly: That's weird. We're still in the middle of evacuation.

Onyx: Well, he said it was urgent so something really bad must've happened.

Kelly: Alright then. We'll meet up with Ruby and Harriet, they should be just south of us.

Onyx: Alright.

I sweep Kelly off of her feet as I carry her bridal style, causing her to slightly blush.

Kelly: O-Onyx.

Onyx: Hold tight!

Onyx: ("Lightning Dash!")

Kelly and I disappear as a loud thunder sound can be heard in the distance, with (F/C) and blue lightning sparking from where we once stood.

(scene change)

Kelly and I are now on our way back to Atlas inside an airship with Ruby,  Weiss, Nora, Ren, Jaune, Harriet and Elm.

Weiss: I don't understand. Why would the general call us back without giving a reason?

Ren: Especially with evacuation still going on in Mantle.

Elm: You don't have to understand orders kids.

We all turn to Elm who is in the passenger seat next to Harriet. 

Elm: You just have to follow them.

Harriet: City transports won't be stopping anytime soon. If the general says he needs us now, he needs us now.