Volume 3 Chapter 3

Weiss: You're... leaving?

Winter: (sets her cup down) Yes. I was merely needed to oversee the transport of additional units to Vale. Our last shipment was lost to an ambush. I believe you had a run-in, actually. It's fortunate those Paladins were in the prototype stage; otherwise your team may not have fared so well. (Weiss sighs and looks down dejectedly, she grabs her sister's hand reassuringly) Weiss, you've done... well, out here, on your own. I'll be honest, it was quite amusing seeing Father's face the day you left Beacon!

Weiss: (smiling now with her arms crossed) I can't wait to show him what I learned!

Winter: Oh? Then what do you think you've learned?

Weiss: What do you mean? I'm getting better and better with my glyphs! I've even started Time Dilation!

Winter: (staring intently at Weiss) And what of your Summoning?

Weiss: I... (sighs and looks away) You know I can't.

Winter: Don't be ridiculous. Every Schnee has the ability to summon. We have for generations.

Weiss: I've tried! It's just... it's the one thing I've been having trouble with!

Winter: We Schnees are unique. Unlike many, our Semblance is hereditary. But that doesn't mean it will come easily.

Winter lifts her hand to summon a small elaborate glyph over her palm.

Winter: Your Semblance is like a muscle. The more you practice with it, the stronger it will become. But if you only focus on one aspect of it... If you fail to test the limits of what you think is possible...

The glyph expands suddenly in a bright flash, causing Weiss to turn away before looking back up in awe at the white-and-blue Beowolf now at her sister's side.

Winter: Then you'll never truly grow.

Weiss smiles at this display of power she hopes to achieve.

(scene change)

In the streets of Vale, Onyx is shown being dragged by Penny.

Onyx: Why are you dragging me in Vale Penny?!

Penny: I want you to buy me something.

Onyx: Buy you what?

Penny stops and lets go of Onyx as he stands up and dusts himself off.

Penny: I noticed Ruby and Weiss wearing a lightning bolt necklace and I want one!

Onyx: Um why?

Penny: Because we're friends! And friends buy each other gifts!

Onyx: ("That's slightly true") Alright then.

Penny: Yay! (bear hugs Onyx)

Onyx: ("Can't breathe")

(a few minutes later) 

Onyx and Penny are now inside a jewellery store as they look for a necklace.

Onyx: Oh! How about that one Penny?