Volume 7 Chapter 8

In Team RWBY's dorm, Weiss is shown holding Jacques invitation to the dinner party.

Weiss: Only my father would turn a hostile takeover into a fluffy PR move.

Ruby: Well on the news, he said he just wanted to break bread and hash things out. Maybe it won't be so bad, we do want the General to start opening up to these people. Right?

Onyx: Well yeah but on his terms and plus...

Oscar: Ironwood is going to be locked in a room at his own rival's dinner party. Jacques says he's happy to moderate, but all that really means is he'll be the one controlling the conversation.

Blake: Not hard to imagine how that's gonna play out.

Weiss: I still can't believe he won. Robyn was supposed to be "the people's champion" wasn't she? (sigh) There's just too many coincidences.

Yang: You really think your dad might have something to do with Salem?

Weiss: I think my father would do whatever it takes to win.

Kelly: Then we should do the same.

Weiss: Meaning?

Kelly: Well, no one knows your dad better than you.

Ruby: And out of everyone going tonight, I'd say you're the only one who could snoop around the house and not be questioned. If Jacques Schnee is up to something, I think we should know what it is.

Weiss: Can I... bring Onyx along?

Ruby: What? Why?

Onyx: Yeah Weiss, why? It's already suspicious enough that I'm invited despite being accused of multiple murders.

Weiss: (blushing) I kinda wanna spend some alone time with him.

KRBY: (suspicious stare at Weiss) Uh huh...

Weiss: A-And plus I could use an extra pair of eyes! And maybe I can find some more information on my dad's beef with Onyx's dad.

Onyx: Oh yeah, Ironwood did say that your dad was scared of my dad.

Blake: When did he tell you that?

Onyx: It was out of chapter.

Juztin41: Son of a-

Blake: Out of what?

Onyx: Don't worry about it...

Kelly: Why do you keep saying these weird things Onyx?