Volume 3 Chapter 4

(This chapter is a filler chapter. After this, the next chapter will go straight to the Fall of Beacon part of the volume)

The next day. Onyx is shown walking to the Colosseum listening to music as usual. While at times repeating four words in his mind.

Onyx: ("Protect their loved ones")

But his thoughts get interrupted by Velvet.

Velvet: Onyx!

Onyx removes his headphones and turns around to see Velvet and Coco approaching him.

Onyx: Oh hey gals. Whatcha up to?

Coco: We're going shopping.

Onyx: Aren't you going to watch the tournament?

Coco: Nah. I don't feel like it, plus we already lost.

Onyx: I see.

Velvet: But yeah, we're gonna go shopping in Vale.

Coco then walks up to Onyx and looks at his clothes.

Onyx: (uncomfortable) Uh... Coco?

Coco: Good choice of clothes. Very... simple

Onyx: Uh. Thanks?

Coco then grabs my hand.

Coco: You're coming with us!

Onyx and Velvet: Huh?!

Coco: Come on, it will be fun. 

Onyx: I mean... I'm not even participating in the tournament and I got nothing better to do, so sure why not?

Velvet and Coco: Perfect!

Coco then walks off still holding my hand as I just sigh and follow her. While Velvet follows behind with a jealous look. She then grabs hold of my other arm.

Coco: Oh! What's this? Are you being bold Velvet? 

Velvet: (blushing) I-I....

Onyx: So... where are we going?

Coco: We're going to various  stores throughout Vale and then we'll get some snacks after.

Onyx: Sounds like a plan.

Coco: I know.

(scene change)

The first store they went to is a beauty store as Velvet and Coco try on different makeups. They then turn to Onyx with the two of them wearing different makeups on their faces.

Coco: Onyx! Which makeup is better? My one?

Velvet: (shyly) Or my one?

Onyx looks at the two and thinks for a while.

Coco: Well?

Onyx: I'd have to say... Coco's one looks better.

Coco: Yes! I'm glad you agree Onyx.

Onyx: ("This is gonna be common thing through the whole day")

The girls go back to whatever they were doing as Onyx opens his scroll and checks his pictures. He stops at one picture, and it isn't a picture of his family. It was a picture of Lilly and John, his close companions from the town of Adamas.