Volume 6 Chapter 3

Straight after Jinn explains Ozpin's past.

Yang: Salem can't be killed... You all heard her too right?

Everyone looks at Ozpin with an angry look, except Qrow who just looks away. And Kelly just stands there shell shocked at the amount of information given to her in a short amount of time. Jinn is still there however, and is curiously looking at Onyx.

Ozpin: I...

Yang: (enraged) There was so much you hadn't told us! How could you think that was okay?

Ozpin doesn't say anything as he hangs his head down in shame.

Ruby: Professor...

Ozpin looks up to Ruby.

Ruby: What is your plan to defeat Salem?

Ozpin: I... don't have one...

Qrow suddenly punches Ozpin in the face, sending him into a nearby tree trunk.

Qrow: No one wanted me... I was cursed... I gave my life to you because you gave me a place in this world... I thought I was finally doing some good...

Ozpin: (tearfully) But you are!

Qrow: Meeting you... was the worst luck of my life...

Ozpin stares back in disbelief, before looking down dejected.

Ozpin: Maybe you're right...

Jinn: (smiling) Interesting...

Everyone turns to Jinn.

Jinn: (points at Onyx) You...

Onyx: Me?

Jinn: I sense the power of my creator within you...

Onyx: ...!

Blake: Wait... creator... You said your creator was the God of Light..

Everyone looks at Onyx including Ozpin.

Onyx: (sigh) I did die back in Beacon... I was in the afterlife for a few seconds before I got teleported to another realm where I met both the God of Light and the God of Darkness.

Everyone has a look of shock.

Ruby: What happened there?

Onyx: Well... they said that they left a small part of them in this world to in a way track the world's progress. They then told me about the relics... and how gathering all four relics summons them back to this world where humanity will be judged. But then they told me about how Ozpin doesn't have a plan to defeat Salem..

Yang: So you knew that Ozpin didn't have a plan!

Onyx: I didn't believe them until now!

Weiss: Did anything else happen?

Onyx: Yeah... remember that tattoo and the eye thing from when I fought Emerald, Mercury and Hazel.

Blake: Yeah...

Onyx: Well the two gods gave me a piece of their power. The eye thing was from the God of Light while the tattoo was from the God of Darkness...

Everyone stays silent.

Onyx: And apparently... they said that Salem can only be defeated by the power of a god... although now hearing that she's immortal... I kinda have my doubts.