Volume 1 Chapter 3 (Rewrite)

(Onyx's POV)

The three of us managed to make it to the auditorium and it is packed.

Onyx: (whistles) That's a lot...

Jaune: Tell me about it.

We then hear a voice call out to Ruby.

Yang: Hey Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: Oh, that's Yang. I'll see you guys later!

Ruby suddenly walks away while I just wave.

Onyx: Okay then...

While my reaction was a bit indifferent, the same couldn't be said for Jaune.

Jaune: Wait! (groan) Great! Where else am I gonna find a nice and quirky girl to talk to! Or heck, just someone to talk to!

Jaune just walks away as I stare at him, confused.

Onyx: ("Did he... forget I was with him?")

As Jaune walks away, I notice a red-haired girl wearing spartan-like armour stare at him.

Onyx: ("I feel like I've heard of her before... Is that Pyrrha Nikos? She won some sort of tournament at Mistral a couple of times. And she was in the cover of that darn awful cereal.")

But what is more important is that I'm alone...

Onyx: Might as well find a spot.

Which I did after a few seconds. I then spot a few metres away from me, Weiss talking to Ruby and Yang.

Onyx: ("Wonder what's going on over there.")

I take out my Scroll and decide to go through the news.

Onyx: ("More Faunus protests... Geez, when are the Faunus ever gonna catch a break? They're not that different from us.")

I notice the girl who handed Weiss the dust vial, standing next to me reading a book.

Onyx: ("Ninjas of Love... Didn't John read this book?")

Now that I remember, that book was... very interesting to say the least.

The girl then notices me staring at the book as she gives me a questioning look.

???: Yes, what is it?

Onyx: O-Oh, i-it's nothing. Just looking at the book you're reading.

The girl looks at the book for a brief second before turning to me.

???: Have you read this book?

Onyx: No... m-my friend has read that book.

???: I see...

There was an uncomfortable silence between us. I can tell this girl doesn't really want to talk but... I NEED SOCIAL INTERACTION! Just like the people in quarantine!

Juztin41: Hold up, what?

Onyx: My name is Onyx Richards. Nice to meet you.

I stick my hand out for a handshake as the girl stares at it with an uninterested look. After a few seconds of staring, she grasps it with her own.

???: I'm Blake Belladonna.

Onyx: (smiles) Nice name.

Blake: Same goes with yours.