Volume 2 Chapter 8

3rd Person POV

The day after the Beacon Dance. General James Ironwood and Glynda Goodwitch are keeping Ozpin company.

Ironwood: They were here... (raises his voice) Ozpin, they were here!

Ironwood slams his fist against Ozpin's desk

Glynda: We're very much aware of that! Thank you James.

Ironwood: Fantastic! You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we jsut stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!

A sound plays, signalling that someone has arrived on the elevator.

Ozpin: Come in.

Ruby and Onyx steps out into the room.

Ruby: Sorry it took so long. Someone accidentally hit all the huttons on the elevator on the way up here.

Onyx: (sarcasm) I wonder who it was.

Ruby laughs nervously.

Ozpin: Thank you for coming, Ruby and Onyx. How are you two feeling?

Onyx: I'm fine.

Ruby: Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad-guy-catching record wasn't O-for-three.

Everyone stares silently.

Onyx: Wow.... tough crowd

Ironwood: Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress is all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could.

Ruby: Thank you, sir.

Glynda: Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar at all?

Ruby: I... I don't know. She was wearing a mask, and she never said anything to me. But I know she fought with glass.

Onyx: It's more like a fire manipulation semblance than glass. Remember her clothes lit up orange whenever she attacked.

Glynda: That sounds like the woman I fought the night we met these two.

Ironwood: Embedding Dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone.

Ruby: Wait. You think this girl is connected to Torchwick and the White Fang?

Ozpin: It's possible. But we still lack the required evidence to link the two together.

Ruby: Actually, I... I think I remember her saying something about a hideout, or something, in the southeast. Just outside the Kingdom.

Ozpin: Interesting.

Glynda: I thought you said the intruder never-

Ozpin: Thank you for your cooperation Ruby. Why don't you go and spend some time with your team? You have a big day ahead of you.

Ruby: Okay (leaving) any time.

Ozpin: And Miss Rose, please try and be... discreet about this matter.

Ruby: Yes sir.

Onyx starts following Ruby.

Ozpin: Onyx can you stay here for a moment?

Onyx: Oh sure. (to Ruby) I'll catch up later.

Ruby nods and leaves.

Ozpin: So what are your opinion on this Onyx?