Volume 8 Chapter 8

(Third Person POV)

The scene opens with James Ironwood overlooking the battlefield from his office in Atlas Academy.

While he is doing that, someone can be heard clearing their throat.

???: Sir, we have confirmation that Doctor Watts has escaped military headquarters with the assistance of Cinder Fall. We do have Jacques Schnee in custody-

Ironwood: I don't give a damn about Jacques Schnee. What about the other two?

The pair of Atlas officers stand at attention with nervous looks on their faces. Sweat drips down the side of the commander's face as she addresses the remaining prisoners statuses.

Officer: Sir, Branwen and Hill have... evaded capture. But we are monitoring every exit, so they must still be inside the compound.

Ironwood angrily slams his left fist on his desk.

Ironwood: Damn it!

He huffs angrily before composing himself.

Ironwood: Search everywhere for them. Do not return to this office until you have Qrow Branwen in custody.

Officer: Of course, sir.

The pair of officers salute before leaving. Ironwood turns around to look outside the large window again. He sighs as he brings his fingers up to his ear to talk into his com link.

Ironwood: What's the status of our-

*BOOM*

A series of bright flashes occur outside the window, as a massive explosion is seen engulfing the Monster. The explosion is so bright that the light is engulfing Ironwood's office.

 The explosion is so bright that the light is engulfing Ironwood's office

.

(Meanwhile)

Just a few seconds before, Winter leads the charge as the Ace Operatives carry the bomb that was to blow the Monster, before they are knocked back from the explosion.

*BOOM*