Volume 2 Chapter 2 (Rewrite)

(Third Person POV)

Inside the school library, Team RWBY are shown playing Remnant: The Game, with Onyx spectating while listening to music on his headphones.

The camera then pans to Ruby who is contemplating her next move.

Ruby: Hmmmmm... Alright... Alright!

She points dramatically at her older sister.

Ruby: Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang: Heh! Bring it on!

Ruby: I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet

She slams her card down on the table as Yang feigns a look of shock.

Ruby: Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!

She makes airplane noises while making a bird with her hands.

Yang: (gasps) You fiend!

Ruby: And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn!

Yang: Fufufu... hahahahah!!

Ruby then grows a look of confusion as Yang can be heard laughing arrogantly.

Yang: Pretty sneaky sis... But you just activated my trap card!

She shows the card to the camera as Ruby's eyes widen.

Yang: Giant Nevermore!

She slams the card down on the table, even hard than when Ruby did it.

Yang: If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!

Ruby: But if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces

Yang: (smirks) That's just a chance I'm willing to take to get this victory!

The two sisters glare at each other as Onyx looks at the two with raised eyebrows.

Onyx: ("I can still hear them through the music...")

He then looks over at Team JNPR with each of the members doing their own things. Ren and Pyrrha are studying while Nora is drooling as she sleeps.

Onyx: ("How is Ren and Pyrrha not bothered by it?")

Ruby: Noooo!!! My fearless soldiers!

Yang: (shrugs) Most of them were probably androids

Ruby: G-Goodbye my friends! You will be avenged!

Yang: Not so fast! Just wait till I draw my rewards! Which are double this round, thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!

Ruby: Bah!

Nora is shown sleep talking about pancakes or something while Pyrrha clears her throat and confiscates a comic book that Jaune was reading, exchanging it for a textbook.

Ruby: Bah! Bah, I say!

Yang: I say, it looks like I'm taking two cards in my hand!

As Pyrrha reads Jaune's comic, a Nevermore player piece is tossed over Jaune's shoulder. Another piece is flying straight to Onyx, but he catches it while still looking at his Scroll.

Ruby: Have you no heart?!

She collapses on the table crying.

Ruby: Noooo!!