Volume 2 Chapter 1 (Rewrite)

(Onyx's POV)

I decide to skip classes today because I just felt like I needed some alone time. And no, I'm not upset about anything just yet. I have stopped cutting myself ever since the events at the docks. And when it comes to reveal my secrets to the rest of Team JNPR and Velvet, let's just say, they forgave me really quickly, much to my surprise. Although Velvet proceeded to hug me really tightly for about ten minutes or so.

But anyways, I am strolling around the city in midday so it's freaking hot right now. I already finished eating my lunch at around 10:30 in the morning and it's currently 11.

Onyx: ("Need... something cold.")

And so, I decided to head to a nearby ice cream shop just around the block, but as I turn a corner, I bump into someone as this person falls to the floor.

Onyx: Ah, I'm so sorry!

I then take a good look at the person as I realize it's a girl with a very unique hair colour.

I then notice an ice cream on the floor and the girl was pouting at the ice cream before pouting at me

Onyx: ("Oh crud...")

Onyx: T-That was my bad, I'm so sorry.

I thought the girl would say something, but she didn't say anything.

Onyx: Um... Can you talk?

The girl then pulls out her Scroll and types something really fast before showing what she typed to me.

???: I'm a mute.

Onyx: Oh... my bad.

She typed something really fast once again.

???: It's okay. But you have buy me another ice cream!

Onyx: S-Sure. Mind telling me your name?

Neo: My name is Neopolitan. But you can just call me Neo.

Onyx: Neo... Nice name.

???: (smiles) Thanks. What's yours?

Onyx: Onyx Richards. Here, let me help you up.

I extend a handout to her, which she graciously accepts as I pull her up. She uses a tissue in her other hand to grab the ice cream and place it in a nearby trash bin.

Onyx: The ice cream shop wasn't that far from here. Let's go.

Neo just nods as we head to the ice cream shop.

(scene change)

The two of us, now eating our ice cream at a table inside the ice cream shop, where I am eating a cookies and cream ice cream while Neo is eating a Neapolitan ice cream.

Onyx: So, what exactly do you do here, Neo?

Neo froze for a second before responding via her Scroll.