Volume 1 Chapter 7 (Rewrite)

(Onyx's POV)

You have got to be kidding me... I forgot to bring a relic! I was too busy focusing on everyone else and the Nevermore that I actually forgot to grab one!

Ozpin: Well then, shall we head to the auditorium?

Everyone nods as they start walking back down the cliff to the auditorium while I just stand still, looking down on the ground, mentally cursing myself for such a stupid mistake.

Onyx: ("Am I really not gonna get accepted because I just forgot... How lame.")

As I watch the group walk away with a solemn look, I take a deep breath as I follow them from behind with my hands in my pockets.

(scene change)

We arrive at the auditorium which is packed once again with some students bearing happy looks while some were disappointed as I assume that they were the ones that gave up at the beginning when we were at the cliff.

My attention, along with everyone else's turn to the stage as Ozpin and Glynda arrive onstage. Ozpin takes the mic as he coughs before speaking.

Ozpin: I would like to congratulate everyone that has passed this initiation. You've all demonstrated excellent skills that I'm sure the teachers here will have the honour of honing to help you all become fine Huntsmen once you graduate. Without further ado, let me announce the teams.

As Ozpin starts announcing the teams, I start zoning out as I start thinking of what to do.

I could head back to the apartment I used to live in. I didn't sell it yet in case I failed to get into Beacon. Yeah, I'll do that. But how am I supposed to get money?

I can't just expect the White Fang to appear in the docks every week to get some money.

Ozpin: Russel Thrush, Cardin Winchester, Dove Bronzewing, Sky Lark. The four of retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester.

The crowd cheers once again as the boys step off the stage. Those four didn't really seem that strong from what I've seen. When I zoomed past them in the forest, they were struggling with killing a few Ursai's.

I then snap back to reality and see Jaune, Ren, Nora and Pyrrha head to the stage.

Ozpin: Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Pyrrha Nikos, Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR. Led by... Jaune Arc.

Woah... that was unexpected. And I can see Jaune is even more shocked than I am.

Jaune: (points to himself) L-Led by?

Ozpin: Congratulations, young man.

Onyx: ("Hope you're ready for the pressure, Jaune.")

Pyrrha playfully punches him in the shoulder but that resulted in him getting slammed to the ground as the crowd laughs.

Onyx: ("Oh boy...")

The newly formed Team JNPR exits the stage as Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang walk to the stage.

Ozpin: Blake Belladonna, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee and Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as... Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose.