Volume 3 Chapter 6

Back at the Amity Colosseum, the Nevermore screeches as it continues to weaken the force field.

Warning Announcer: Warning: Safety Barriers Failing.

As civilians run past her in panic, Ruby stays kneeling on the ground with her head down, her expression in a mixture of shock and sadness. As the Nevermore circles around the colosseum, Pyrrha struggles to stand as she looks in shock at the torn apart Penny.

Jaune: (in the stands with the remaining members of her team) PYRRHA!! Pyrrha, that thing's going to break in! You gotta move!

Jaune, Ren and Nora look up and see the force field flash as the Nevermore rises before diving back in. Jaune then jumps from the stands into the arena.

Nora: Jaune!

Jaune: (runs towards Pyrrha) Pyrrha, please snap out of it!

Suddenly, the Nevermore breaks through the holographic barrier, and the force of it landing on the arena knocks back Jaune, Pyrrha and pieces of penny. The Nevermore screeches and lunges towards Pyrrha. Suddenly, the Nevermore is knocked back by a red blur of roses, with the cause of the blur gripping one of Penny's swords and stabbing it into the Nevermore, and then jumping back down in front of Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Ruby?

Ruby: (with an angered expression on her face) LEAVE HER ALONE!

The Nevermore rises up and circles around the arena before lunging back down. Ruby holds Penny's sword defensively. All of a sudden, the Nevermore gets pinned down of rocket lockers, and screeches out in pain before going unconscious. The lockers then open up, revealing the weapons of various students.

Yatsuhashi pulls his large sword out of the locker  and is shown alongside Scarlet David gripping his cutlass and flintlock pistol, Sage Ayana with his own sword, and Neptune with his gun in hand. The camera continues to pan over showing Sun and Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang in its staff form , Ren and Nora carrying their respective weapons and remaining members of Team CFVY, the members of Team ABRN, as well as Flynt Coal and Neon Katt of Team FNKI, all gripping their respective weapons.

The students are then suddenly shaken when the Nevermore starts to get up. Ren then leaps up into the air and uses the blades of his weapons to slash at the Nevermore. Arslan Altan uses her rope dart to swing down and grab Yatsuhashi into the ground. Sage also leaps into the air, and Nora runs up to the Nevermore's head and hit it with Magnhild in its hammer form. When Arslan reaches peak height, she let's go of Yatsuhashi, who is then joined by Sage, as the two broadsword wielders slash down and decapitate the Nevermore, causing it to dissipate into black particles.

As Arslan lands back on the ground next to her teammates, Ruby looks over to the teary-eyes Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: (kneeling on the ground) Ruby, I... (she stops and holds a piece of Penny's torn cloth in her hands) I'm so sorry.

Ruby: (forlornly) Me too. (angered) But it wasn't your fault.

Jaune: She's right. (walks over to Pyrrha with her weapons in his hands) Whoever was on that microphone... they're the ones who that did this. And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else.

Pyrrha stands back up and takes her weapons back from Jaune, the two of them share determined looks. They then look over to Ruby, who smiles at the impressive ensemble of students. Their moment is cut short when they notice a bunch of Griffons land on top of the colosseum. They fly towards the group of students as Ren calls out the Grimm species by their formal name.