Volume 5 Chapter 3

Inside the Grand Hall in Haven Academy

The atmosphere inside the Grand Hall is tense, with everyone staring at Onyx and his new power.

Emerald: (stunned) What is that? That eye... that tattoo.

Mercury can only question what is going on with Onyx, while Hazel stares at the teen in confusion.

Hazel: ("Who is this kid? He looks just like (F/N). And what's up with that tattoo... and that eye... No matter, I'll dispose of him quickly!")

Hazel charges at Onyx with a war cry and his right arm reeled back. Meanwhile, Onyx just stands there watching Hazel charge at him.

Weiss: What's he doing?!

Once Hazel gets close, he thrusts his arm forward to punch Onyx, but Onyx casually ducks the punch before punching Hazel in the gut.

Hazel: Argh!

Hazel gets sent back to where Mercury and Emerald were. The two stare in shock before turning back to Onyx who is still standing in the same spot, glaring at the two of them.

Mercury: Tch!

Mercury rushes up to Onyx and tries to launch a combo of punches and kicks at him. But Onyx easily dodges all of them before punching him in the gut and then landing an uppercut at his face. And he follows that up with a left hook and then a right hook straight to the face, and then does an elbow straight to Mercury's nose and then launching a kick straight at his face sending him sliding back a few metres. Everyone else was stunned, not only at how he easily dodged the combo that Mercury tried to land on him. But how fast he launched his own combo at the latter.

Mercury and Hazel slowly get up, with Hazel clutching his stomach, and Mercury having blood coming out of his nose. The two look at each other and nod.

Meanwhile, Onyx starts walking towards the trio, while unsheathing Deathblade.

Onyx: I've killed bad people in the past. But killing you three (chuckles) Especially you two (points at Emerald and Mercury) I'm going to enjoy the most. Shame Cinder isn't here for whatever reason. Because I'm gonna enjoy crushing her to bits. 

Mercury and Emerald grit their teeth while Hazel injects a lightning dust crystal as he rushes at Onyx alone.

Onyx: Bring it on!

As Hazel rushes at Onyx, everything suddenly slows down as Emerald activates her semblance in  trying to make Onyx believe that she's still in that spot when in reality she's running around Onyx and trying to sneak behind him. However, at the moment she activated her semblance, Onyx's Pure Eye glowed for a second, while it didn't seem to have any effect. It allowed Onyx to bypass Emerald's small illusion and notice that she's trying to sneak behind him. Things speed back to normal as Hazel tries to punch Onyx, but the latter easily blocks it with Deathblade. As the two clash, Emerald takes out her weapon and aims at Onyx. Onyx quickly looks back to see what she's planning. He retreats from the clash with Hazel and rushes to her. Emerald starts shooting at Onyx, but the boy easily dodges it or deflects the bullets using Deathblade.

Emerald: Die!

Onyx suddenly disappears with yellow lightning sparking from where he once stood.

Emerald: Huh?

He suddenly reappears behind her with his arm that is carrying Deathblade reeled back. Deathblade suddenly gets shrouded with a black and yellow aura as Onyx swings it at Emerald's back at a high speed.

Emerald: Ahhh!

Onyx then uses his enhanced speed from Dark Seal to slice Emerald everywhere in the approximately 20 times before reeling his left arm back as red veins course through his arm.