Chapter 22 - Inmate C9844

Start from the beginning

There were bruises all over my body and I could see that I was badly banged up. But I was highly satisfied when I saw a bruise forming on his cheek though.

His name sounded so familar but yet so unfamiliar that it was giving me a huge headache, causing me to groan. I still couldn't get an image of his face, but at least I knew his name.

"You're awake?"

I jumped, startled. I glanced beside me to see try kneeling before me. I took in my surroundings and realized I was lying on the couch in the living room. 

And that's when it all came rushing back to me.

I frantically sat up on the couch and the words seemed to spill out of my mouth, "I can't be pregnant!" 

He frowned. "Yes you can, because you are."

I shook my head. "No, no! The car crash surely would have killed and pregnancy." I just couldn't believe it. I was happy to be back with Trey, but having kids again already? I wasn't ready for it. I didn't know if he would leave me and twins again. I didn't know if this was just a game for him.

Hell, I barely knew anything! I lost my memory for crying out loud! I'm still in the year 2011 when it's 2012!

I saw confliction in Trey's eyes and that's when I knew. He was looking everywhere but at me but I could still catch the internal battle he was having with himself. He was hiding something big from me. And I had a feeling it had something to do with this .. Tequan guy.

"Trey, who is Tequan?" I blurted and I was satisfied to watch Trey's body stiffen, proving my assumptions are correct.

He refused to show emotion. "I don't know who that is." He stated dully, but I knew he was lying. His reaction to the question proved to me so.

"Don't you dare fucking lie to me." I growled. I was so fucking tired of being lied to. I had this feeling in my stomach that everyone around me knew something I didn't.

He sighed. "He's nobody-"

"Then why am I having dreams about him every time I close my eyes?" I interrupted and I watched as his eyes widened at this new information.

"How come you never-"

"Don't change the subject!" I exclaimed.

"Tequan was just a person you dated a while back," he explained, but I had a feeling that wasn't all but I let it go. I'll figure it out if it's the last thing I do.

* * * *

I sat on my bed with my laptop in my lap. I opened up Google Chrome and went to google. 

I had a feeling that whoever Tequan is, he had a lot to do with the reason I was in the hospital and why my family was acting the way they were.

When google opened, I moved the cursor to the box and typed in 'Tequan and Destiny Monroe'. I didn't expect to get any result but I did. It was from the local news channel. They had uploaded the video online. I clicked the link and it took me straight to the video.

A woman with really bad makeup was standing in front of a house. But not just any house, it was the house from my dreams. Only, there were other houses around. This cannot be good.

"After a call to 9-1-1 by neighbors, police arrived at this local residence to find the body of Destiny Monroe. Police say she was beaten unconcious by her partner, Tequan Richmond."

Just then, a picture of Tequan popped up and I was taken in by his beauty. Even in a mug shot, he manged to look sexy. My eyes instantly traveled down to his plump, pink lips. My mouth watered at the sight of him.