Chapter 172

You, Lloyd, Garmadon and, Jay were watching the fight between Skylor and Jacob, the master of sound. You didn't know what kind of powers Skylor had since she hadn't really revealed them yet. There was something about her that you felt unsure of. LIke she wasn't one she was displaying to the others. 

All of a sudden a sound wave came your way, but you didn't have time to react to dodge it. There was something about the sound that made yours scream for it to stop. You placed your hands over your ears and bend down. 

'' Hey y/n are you okay? '' Lloyd asked you and placed a hand on your back. You turned towards him and smiled at him. 

'' Yeah I'm fine, you know how I am with loud sounds,'' you said and smiled awkwardly at him, hoping he would catch your drift since you could feel someone looking at you. 

'' Yeah I know, let's just that this fight is over soon so you don't have to suffer. '' Lloyd said and smiled at you and then placed his hand over yours. 

' Thank you, Lloyd. ' you thought to yourself. 

All of a sudden you heard grunts from your left. You saw Kai trying his hardest not to step on people, but he failed miserably. 

''   Sorry, all of these temples look the same. Did I miss anything? '' Kai asked. 

'' Ugh. But the looks of it, you didn't miss much. '' Jay said and gestured to the other elemental master grunting in pain because Kai stepped on their feet. 

'' Maybe we shouldn't be sitting together. I mean, the more they think we're a team, the bigger targets we put on ourselves. '' Jay added. You were about to say something, but Lloyd took the words right out of your mouth. 

'' Don't say that we are a team. Sure we just lost Cole and still can't find Zane, but we're a team. Just smaller. All the more reason to stick together. '' Lloyd responded

'' Skylor's fighting? '' Kai shouted sounding shocked. Just then, you saw her using fire.

'' What has him so excited? '' Garmadon asked. 

'' He had a crush on her until he found out they might be related. '' Jay explained trying not to laugh. 

'' Her element isn't fire, She's the Master of Amber, power of absorption. She can emulate the power of anyone she's touched. '' Garmadon explained to us and you were shocked. 

'' You're telling me we're not related? '' Kai suddenly perks up.

''  Oh, boy. Here we go again. '' Jay sighed.

As the fight continued you just stood frozen in time and stared at Skylor. 

'' Hey y/n are you okay? '' Lloyd asked you. 

'' She's just like me... '' You mumbled. 

'' Huh?... '' Lloyd said confused. 

'' She's just like me Lloyd... Just like...me. '' You whispered. 

'' No y/n, she's the master of ember. Yes, she can absorb powers, but you were born with them. all them. '' Lloyd whispered in your ear quietly so no one but you two could hear. 

There was something about Lloyd's word that made calm down and not fear the worst. 

'' Thank you, Lloyd... '' you whispered. And you felt Lloyd tighten his grip around your hand holding it out of sight. 

Skylor ended up winning the fight. Then, Chen apparently wanted to give jewels and gold to the masters, but since Cole and Jay teamed up and refused to fight each other he didn't give them the jewels and took away their fancy quarters and us all sleep in the chow house. 

TIME SKIP

It was in the middle of the night and you had snuck into Lloyd's bed, even though they were so nice and gave you a bed to sleep in. But for some reason, you couldn't really sleep. You just laid there with your eyes closed nothing else. Suddenly you felt Lloyd get out of bed. So you opened your eyes.

'' Couldn't sleep either? '' Jay whispered to Lloyd. 

'' Not when we still have to get Zane and Cole back. '' Kai jumped down and whispered. 

'' Speaking of backs, these new beds are the worst. All right, let's do-'' Suddenly the light turned on. 

'' Quick, back in bed. '' Kai whispered. You covered yourself with the blanket and Lloyd pulled you close so no one would see you. 

'' Good morning, fighters. Oh, that's right, it's the middle of the night. '' Chen said and smirked. You were so lucky that the cultists didn't discover you when they put rollerskates on Lloyd. 

Lloyd got up and made sure to cover you. You rolled under the table and slowly crawled out from the other side without being seen. 

'' Let me guess, another one of Chen's impromptu battles? '' Lloyd grunted. 

'' Oh, roller skates. I love roller skates! '' Jay beamed with happiness. 

'' We should be getting used to this by now. '' Lloyd sighed. 

'' Hey rollerskates isn't the worst thing in the world. '' You said coming up behind him. 

'' I guess you're right. '' Lloyd said and smiled. 

'' I mean, it's not the worst thing unless you're Kai. '' You grinned and pointed over to Kai who had a hard time keeping his balance. 

''  Master Chen wants everyone in the Royal Arena. I wouldn't be late if I were you. '' Clouse explained. 

'' If most of us have already fought, why are we all in skates? '' Skylor asked. 

'' Only two of you will be fighting, but the rest of you will have a chance to affect the outcome. '' Clouse explained. 

'' Who's fighting? Tell us now. '' Griffin asked. 

'' The Green Ninja vs. The Master of Form. '' Clouse said and turned to leave. 

'' Master of Form? Who's that? '' Lloyd asked. 

'' You haven't heard? I hear she can look like anyone. She'd be right under your nose, and by the time you figure it out, she's discovered all your weaknesses, then it's game over. But you're the Green Ninja, what weakness could you have? '' 'Kai' Asked. 

You knew something was off. The 'Kai' Lloyd was talking to wasn't the Kai we knew. 

'' Ugh. Aside from the sore back, not many. '' Lloyd groaned of pain. 

'' Thanks. '' Was the only thing 'Kai' said and rolled away. 

'' That wasn't Kai... '' You said plainly. Lloyd turned towards you to ask, but then saw Kai struggling to keep his balance. Shocked, Lloyd then looked back and saw 'Kai' turn into a woman with purple hair. 

Chen announced the game which was Thunderblade. Chen also told the others they could choose which side they wanted to be on. Almost everyone chose Chamille. If you were part of the game, you would have chosen Lloyd's side no doubt, but you could only stand besides Garmadon and watch. It didn't make it better that you also stood right beside Chen's throne. 

The game began and you watched Lloyd nervously, not knowing how this would end.