Chapter 168

I GOT MY BOOK BACK WOOOHOOO!!!!!!

--------

You all soon arrived at an island

'' Look at that. '' Cole said gesturing to the giant temple in front of us. 

'' Awesome... '' Kai said. 

'' Let me see '' Karlof said and pushed Kai. 

'' Do you mind! '' Kai snapped at Karlof and got ready to fight him but they soon arrived on the island. 

'' Welcome to Chen's Island. The Tournament of elements welcomes its brave fighters. Master Chen will be pleased you've returned Sensei Garmadon. '' Clouse said and walked on to the island Garmadon following after him. 

'' The pleasure is all mine, Clouse.  '' Garmadon hissed. 

'' I'm sure of it. '' Clouse muttered and walk off toward the giant temple. 

'' Definitely feeling some tension between you two. '' Jay whispered. 

'' Yeah, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map? '' Kai asked Garmadon. 

'' And care to explain how the face to Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament? '' Cole asked. 

'' Master Chen used to be a friend. Now he's a traitor. During the Serpentine wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the treacherous snakes. '' Garmadon explained to them. 

'' The battle you and uncle Wu fought together in? He was an enemy? '' Lloyd asked his father.

'' He used deception to divide the Elemental Masters. We barely defeated the serpentine, and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island. Little did we know, he'd begin to build his criminal empire. '' Garmadon explained as you all walked toward the temple. 

You stayed quiet the whole time since you didn't really have anything to do here. Plus you could be in terrible danger if the other elemental masters found out about your powers. 

'' He may have divided our ancestors, but he's not gonna divide us. '' Lloyd said determinedly. You couldn't help but smile when Lloyd said this. 

Suddenly you were all shoved to the side by Kai

'' Uh...ladies first. '' Kai said and smiled at a girl as she walked by. 

'' Fire will melt her icy heart. Just wait. '' Kai said and smirked in the direction of the girl. You looked at Kai and then at the girl and then you giggled and continued walking with the rest. 

'' What are you laughing about? '' Lloyd asked you. 

'' Oh, nothing. '' You said and smiled at him. 

'' This is a big island. Zane could be anywhere. Keep an eye out. '' Cole explained. Just then the large doors opened quickly. 

You all walked toward the large temple. When you looked around, you saw hundreds of men drumming and shouting. 

'' So this is the house that noodles built. Ha! Always wanted to go to a red carpet event. '' Jay said. 

'' Chen lives like a king. Here, he's totally self-sufficient. The only way on or off this island is with his permission, which you have to earn. '' explained to us all as we walked. 

'' You never told me about this place. How do you know so much about this island? '' Lloyd asked his father. 

'' Because before Chen was my enemy, he was my Sensei. '' Garmadon said and showed us a tattoo of a purple Anacondrai. You were shocked but decided not to question him about it.