Threats

You woke up, groaning to the throbbing pain in your head and the aching back.

"(Y/n)?" A voice softly asked in concern.

You felt a hand in your neck, helping you sit up as you opened your eyes. The doctor was checking over you as she helped you sit up properly.

"Are you okay?" She asked in concern.

"Yeah, Yeah, just a bit of a headache and back pain. What happened?" You asked, standing up.

"Neural shock. Knocked us all out for a good few minutes. Enough time to move us to a completely different place at least" the doctor explained, still checking your head for any injuries.

"Doctor I'm fine" you said, brushing her hands off you.

"I'll check you all properly back in the TARDIS." She said, looking at everyone.

You stared around you. This room seemed much smaller and seemed almost like a prison cell.

"The shock seems to have come from the computer itself. Whoever set it off clearly wanted to get us all so waited for (y/n) to get off her phone and close enough to us so we were all close together and it could wipe us all out in one go" the doctor explained, walking around the walls of the room, scanning it with her sonic screwdriver.

You looked at the others, walking closer to them as worry started to trace over your face.

"Did we just get kidnapped?! Why do they want us?" You questioned, folding your arms in discomfort over your chest.

"Well, probably something to do with that scream we heard earlier" the doctor hypothesised.

"Or the music" you added.

The doctor got up and looked at you, comprehending what you'd just said.

"Yes, that's a good point (y/n). Maybe they didn't want us to find out what that music was trying to tell us" the doctor spoke, looking around the room again.

"You know, I really liked music up until now" you sighed.

"Same here" Ryan said, just as uncomfortable as you.

"Why is there no door or anything? How can we be put in here without a door?" Graham asked.

"Teleport maybe?" The doctor hypothesised.

Just then, a figure appeared right next to you, causing you to squeal and instinctively run towards the doctor and away from that...thing! That figure that probably kidnapped you in the first place. Graham, Yaz and Ryan also stepped back, startled, but their actions clearly not as jumpy and drastic as yours.

"Hello" The doctor spoke who was now in front of you. "Who are you?" She asked in a surprisingly soft tone.

"You two will come with us!" The figure spoke, it's voice metallic and cold.

You whispered as it held it's finger up to you and the doctor.

"We're not going anywhere! Who are you! What do you want with us!" The doctor asked more sternly now.

"You" it simply answered and you and the doctor were met by a bright light around you.

You heard the other three shout out your name and for the doctor when it all went silent.

You you and the doctor suddenly standing in a completely different room. It's walls were a metallic purple and there were many more figures standing in front of the Doctor and you, about four of them.

"Where are we! What do you want with us!" The doctor asked, almost shouting now.

"You two seemed to be the only smart ones out there. One who can decode and explain everything so easily and the other who can spot the smallest things out of place like the music" the one that you encountered before spoke.

"Actually, She wouldn't even notice a triangle out of place" she said, you smiled jokingly at the doctor, trying to lighten the mood and hide your fear.

The doctor back looked at you, smiling, and continued "that is true! Triangles are very important too! But she wouldn't notice if it was completely out of time" she smiled.

You couldn't hold the smile however as the fear of the four figures crept over your body and your face fell into worry and fear again. Turning back round she shifted slightly to make sure she was almost completely in front of you and in between you and the creatures.

"Okay, how about a trade. We tell you who we are if you tell us who you are?" The doctor smiled. "Okay then, us first. My name's the doctor. I'm a time lady. This is (y/n). A human. And you are..." She questioned.

"We are the phlox." One of the dark figures said.

You peered around the side of the doctors arm to look at the figures properly. They didn't look like humans. But their faces were half metal and their hands were blue. They had black, leather like bodies. On their backs were four tentacles with green spots all over them. You swallowed the fear and snuck back behind the doctor, holding onto her lilac coat with your fingers.

"Okay...what do you want with us?" The doctor asked more sternly now.

"You two are the intelligent ones out of your curious group. We invite you to join us" one of the phlox said.

"I wouldn't exactly call myself intelligent" you muttered, not loud enough for the phlox to hear but loud enough for the Doctor to hear.

"Join you to do what exactly?" She asked.

"There are five mountains like this one across the surface of this planet. Each one with several huge boulders in exactly the right place to float above us. We intend to move them, turn them so they will be attracted to the mountains and then create a huge collision. The explosion will be big enough to create mass destruction across the entire planet and while all life off the face of the planet" their metallic voice spoke.

"That's mass genocide!" The doctor spoke in a tone that shone anger, sternness and disgust.

You could hear laughing from all four figures.

"And if we say no?" The doctor asked sternly.

"Well...doctoooor...we'll be forced to use more...painful methods of getting you to work for us" one smirked as you heard it take a heavy step forward.

You held onto the doctors coat tighter, fear really setting in now. The doctor felt your grip tightening on her.

"Don't threaten me!" The doctor seethed through gritted teeth.

"I do believe humans feel more pain than time lords" a metallic voice laughed.

You whimpered, holding the doctor tighter.

"If you touch (y/n), or Ryan or Yaz or Graham you can be sure that not only will I still never help you, but you will regret every action you take from then on." The doctor threatened back.

"Yet it is not we who are feeling the fear right now" the phlox shouted.

The doctor turned her head slightly just so she could see you in the corner of her eye.

"You don't scare us!" The doctor shouted.

The figures all sighed harder. You hated this but knew that you'd been through much worse all your life. What could they possibly do to you that hasn't already been done you asked yourself. You let go of the doctor and stood beside her, staring right at them all.

"I'm not afraid! And those people aren't going to die! And you certainly won't be getting help from us! One thing you can be sure of is that we're going to stop you and save those people. You know I just wonder what possessed people to wake up and think: hey, I'm going to commit mass murder today and kidnap five people to help us do it" you said, crossing your arms and giving them the death stare.

You could see the doctor fiddling with her sonic behind her back. You didn't know what she was doing but she definitely had a plan.

"Okay, one more question for me this time. Who screamed?" You asked.

"Well, if you choose not to join us you'll suffer the same fate she did. So make your choice wisely" the figures all grinned evilly at your petite figure.

"We already did" the doctor said, holding your arm and pressing the sonic.

Suddenly there was that bright white light around you again and you could hear the metallic voices screaming after you two before.....silence.