Advice for Kaitlin_W1212

Dear john, I wanted to ask for some advice. I'm trying to write an essay for my English 102 class, and I'm trying to make sure it's better than my last one, because I didn't do as well as I wanted. What are some good ways to focus and not get distracted? And also, what are some good tips for making my essay better?

Dear Kaitlin_W1212 ,

Some people write better in complete silence while others do better when listening to music. If you are the type to do better in silence, turn off the TV, shut the door if people are talking in the other room, sit down, and let your thoughts be at peace.

On the other hand, if you are the type to do better with noise, I would suggest listening to video game soundtracks on Spotify. These songs are designed for focus. Gamers have insane focus, mostly because of the background music.

Also, once you sit down to write this essay, you are only writing. Try not to text or end up playing Candy Crush for the next hour and a half. I've had issues like that because Candy Crush is flipping addictive.

If you have the tendency to look outside and think of other things, shut the blinds. All the matters is writing this essay.

As for writing a better essay, try writing the body first instead of writing the introduction first, then the body, and finally the conclusion. If you have the body finished before the introduction and conclusion, it will flow better. Also, have all your ideas written down so all you have to do is plug them into the essay. Read over it many times and maybe even have a friend critique it.

I hope you get an awesome grade on your paper!