Advice for Kaitlin_W1212

Dear John, it's me again. You're probably tired of me sending letters asking for advice, but I'm in desperate need of some. I'm insanely stressed this week. I just had my senior prom and I had wonderful time, but after is when I need some help. My friends and I rented a cabin for the weekend, and the second night we were there, they literally abandoned me just so they could get set up with boys. I have talked to them about it and have talked to some of my amazing Wattpad friends about this situation and it's helped greatly, but I would like your advice as to prevent this from happening again. I've never been in a relationship (because most boys at my school are jerks) and I just felt so bad about myself and so invisible. And it's also my schools opening night for the spring musical this week, and everyone's literally at each other's throat. I'm so fed up with everything, and stressed to the max. I need advice to help calm my stress, because I literally can't deal with it anymore.

Dear Kaitlin_W1212 ,

I am sorry that your weekend cabin trip didn't go as you would have liked. To be honest, your friends shouldn't have ditched you like that! That's breaking the Code! You have the right to feel the way you do about it. If they have already apologized, you should let it go for now. If they do something like that again, you should make a decision whether they are really your friends or not. You may want to hang out with other people, people who don't leave you for boys.

I understand that you can feel a little left out because all your friends are probably in relationships, but remember this: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP TO BE HAPPY. Don't let being single douse your self-esteem! You can be an independent woman and you don't need a man in your life to make you feel good! Hmm. I think I'm channeling my inner feminist.

Have you tried meditation for your stress? Or perhaps listening to calming music and just thinking on the bright side of everything? Maybe something like this, In just a month or so I will graduate and I won't have to deal with this anymore. You just have to make it through these next few weeks before things like this are over!

In the meantime, try to do things to keep your mind off things that stress you out. Maybe you could spend some time reading your favorite book, watching your favorite movie, or going somewhere you like!

Sorry if I wasn't of any help.