Letter from Monkee66

Dear John,
I'm going to an Elvis tribute on Valentine's day...any suggestion on what to wear?
What was your favourite Beatle song to sing and why?
If you could 'haunt' your loved ones for a day what would you do?
If you could do your life over is there anything you'd change?
How do you take your stake? Well done or not?
Do you like Bangers and Mash?
How do you take your tea?
Do you like The Monkees? Who is your favourite Monkee?
What time is it?
What is your favourite pizza topping?
Do you think pineapple goes on pizza?
If you could rename the street you lived on, what would you rename it?
Which musical artist is greatly overrated?

Sorry for the random questions.

Hope everything is going well for you.

Sincerely,
Monkee66.

Dear Monkee66 ,

1. Ooh, an Elvis tribute! And on Valentine's Day! Well, if I was me, and I am, I would go to the concert wearing my "I ❤️ Elvis" shirt with my "I ❤️ Elvis" hat and my "I ❤️ Elvis" tennis shoes. Oh! And I can't forget my "I ❤️ Elvis" socks. I can't go anywhere without those.

2. My favorite Beatle song to sing would probably be "Twist and Shout," even though I didn't write it and it blew my vocal cords out when we recorded it. It's just a fun song to sing, and it got the fans going wild! When we started screaming, they started screaming! It was the best thing ever.

3. I would love to haunt my family! Okay, first I would fill my living room with white feathers so Julian knew it was me and the I'd start banging pots together in the middle of the night because Yoko is a light sleeper. Then I would start playing "Because" on the piano, because it's kind of eery-sounding. Then, for good measure, I'd write "John was here" on my bathroom wall in cranberry sauce and laugh about it for two days straight.

4. There are tons of things I would want to change. I would somehow manage to keep my mum from getting hit by that godawful police officer. Then I would treat Cyn and Jules how they deserve to be greater, not how past me treated them. What else would I do? I would also be less aggressive about bringing Yoko into the recording studio because I realize now how much it worsened the condition with our already-crumbling band.

5. I used to take my steak really, really, REALLY done. I couldn't stand that blood stuff oozing out all over the place. It gave me the willies. Now, I try not to eat steak anymore. I've cut it out, but I'll eat fish.

6. Yes! I used to love bangers and mash! Whoever invented it is a genius! Sausage and taters go together like peanut butter and jelly! Especially if it's Paul's bangers and mash! He used to make the best, and now I miss it, because Yoko can't make it the same.

7. I REALLY love my tea! I take it pretty seriously. So I always have it the best: with milk. Sometimes I like to put cinnamon in it! It's kind of like eggnog, except . . . tea-y.

8. Yes, I like the Monkees. They had some pretty good songs. I like their theme song and that other one . . . I think it's about a purpoise, but I'm not entirely sure. My favorite Monkee would have to be the one with the weird hat. I always thought he was a loon, but in a good way! His name is Mike, right?

9. What time is it? It's tea time! Tea for me, tea for you, tea for two, tea for . . . me? I don't even know what I'm singing anymore.

10. My favorite pizza topping is cheese! CHEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!

11. No, I don't think pineapple should go on pizza! It's a sin to put fruit on a pizza! Nothing but cheese should be on a pizza!

12. I would name my street Winston O'Boogie Lane!

13. The Beatles! They're so overrated, and I thought they were such clean boys! I had no idea all this drug business was going around back in the 60s! Oh, they're dreadful! (I hope you read that in an Aunt Mimi voice.)

This was fun! Thanks for the letter!