Letter from darkhorse60

Dear John,
What is the most embarrassing thing that Paul, George, and Ringo have done?
PS Don't tell them I asked...

Dear darkhorse60 ,

*evil laugh*

Okay, let's start with Macca.

Paul has done several embarrassing things over the years, but there is one time that really stands out to me. We went to Australia one time and he was giving everybody a thumbs-up as soon as he stepped out of the plane. He wouldn't stop! Thumbs-up to the air stewardesses, thumbs-up to the fans, thumbs-up to the policemen.

Eventually someone told him that he needed to stop with the thumbs-ups because it means something rather rude in Australia. More than a little embarrassing for ole Paul.

Now George.

George has always been one for women. There was this one time we were in Hamburg and we went into some kind of store. I don't really remember what it was. It was the four of us and Klaus Voorman. Well, there's this pretty blond girl behind the counter. George's type is blond, but isn't it all of ours?

Anyway, George sees the girl and he has been packing around our new album ~ Please Please Me ~ the entire day. I don't know if he was doing some self-advertisement or just wanted to show anyone who paid attention that he had an album and they didn't. So he goes strutting by her, but she ignores him. He goes by again but to no avail. She's reading a magazine and doesn't have time for him. He finally gives up on walking by her three thousand times and leans across the counter.

"Hi," he says nervously.

She looks up finally and stares at him blankly.

"I'm a Beatle," he says helplessly, pointing to himself on the album cover. "Beatles?"

She doesn't appear to understand and looks to us, and we're almost in hysterics. "What is he doing?" she asks us slowly in an accented voice. She was Spanish and didn't have the best English.

"Me," he says, pointing again to the cover. "Beatles."

"What are Beatles?" she asks incredulously.

He eventually gave up, realizing that he wasn't getting anywhere, and we laughed at for the rest of the day.

Ringo has done plenty of embarrassing things, so I'm going to have to pick out one of my favorites. Hmm. Ringo could never figure out where we were. The plane would land and he mutter out of the corner of his mouth, "Where are we?"

"Florida," we'd mumble back.

"What is this place?"

"This is England, you sod!"

"Where are we now?"

"Ringo, this is Liverpool!"

"It's great here in New York."

"It's Washington."

Yeah, he was so confused. He was happy, though, no matter where we were.

I hope you enjoyed my stories!