Advice for Kaitlin_W1212

Dear John, I need some advice: I recently received my scores back from the ACT test I recently took. I'm happy with the scores I received, but my parents aren't as happy. They want me to take as many ACT tests as I can to earn better scores. They also keep telling me I should work harder, and I do! I give everything my all! I know they just want me to have a good life and job, but it's too much pressure being placed on my shoulders. I am trying so hard to do well, but they just don't see how hard I'm trying. And I'm stressed enough as it is with my spring musical, a steel band performance next week, senior year in general, and then graduating in a few months. Yet my parents keep putting pressure on me to do well and earn lots of scholarships. It's just getting to be too much, and I just can't take it anymore. What should I do?

Dear Kaitlin_W1212 ,

I understand times I like this can be very, very, VERY stressful. Your life as you know it is getting turned upside down. It sounds like you're trying to do too much, and your parents aren't helping matters. They're just stressed for you and have it in their heads you need to do absolutely PERFECT on your test. Maybe if you talked to them about how stressed you are about everything, they'll ease up a little. I read somewhere talking is the best thing you can do in a situation like this.

I hope I helped, and I hope things get better for you!