Letter From TotoBeatles_99

Hey Johnny! I've some questions for you:

-why are all the great musicians taken away from us?
-why were the great ones replaced with people with no talent?
-what do you think of Michael Jackson?
-what's your opinion on today's music?
-do you miss the Beatles?

I'm sorry if my questions sound like a rant to you, I just really miss you guys Dx
We love you, John!!! <3

Dear TotoBeatles_99 ,
Your questions aren't a rant at all! To answer questions is why I'm here!

1. I can't really answer why all the "great" musicians are gone. I suppose it was just their time. We shouldn't be upset about their passing because we still have all their music, after all!

2. I understand that people with oldies music taste would be angry that today's music isn't up to par. I wouldn't dare say that the greats were replaced by people with no talent because they could never replace them! Great musicians are never replaced; other musicians just come in and are compared to them for no reason. I believe that all musicians need to recognized as individuals, not labeled with other people, if that makes sense. Today's music is often said to be greater or better than Queen and the Beatles and all those others, but the people who say that are fooling themselves.

3. I think Michael Jackson had a lot of talent. Some of his songs had a good beat. I really dig "Billie Jean" and "Thriller," among many others. However, I don't think he should have bought the rights to our songs. Of course, it must have made HIM a lot of money, but it wasn't ~ and still isn't ~ good for us. Jackson is gone now, but we still haven't gotten our songs back!

4. What's MY opinion on today's music? Well, I suppose I've got an opinion on it, don't I? While Paul embraces it and George despises it, I am in the middle. Sometimes I am like Paul and think, "Oh, this isn't that bad," and other times I'm like George and can't stand listen to five seconds of it!

5. I am not completely sure how to take this question, whether you mean the band or the people. To be honest, I don't look at them and see the Beatles, I look at them and see people ~ my friends ~ and I love my friends.

Now, to answer the band side of the question: I don't miss it. Sure, I miss the closeness we had with each other and all the good times, but a lot of it was just a bunch of rubbish. I said once in one of my songs ~ "God" ~ that I WAS the walrus, but now I'm John. That's just my way of saying, "I was Beatle John, that was me, but now I'm who I REALLY am." The Beatles were real and fake all at the same time, but that's complicated.

Thank you writing! I always enjoy it!