49-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Haz's POV

Tom and I spent the next hour or so watching a random show that I had stumbled upon last week.

"Why'd you keep looking at the clock mate?" Tom asked me, it was probably the thousandth time I have looked at the clock on the wall or the time on my phone.

"No reason. Just drop it okay?" I responded quickly which got me a quirked eyebrow from Tom, but he dropped it, turning his attention back to the tv screen. A few minutes late my phone chimed.

From: ?

?: 5

H: huh?

?: 4

?: 3

H: what?

?: 2

H: what's going on?

?: 1

?: 0

There was a knock at the door that startled me, but soon after a smile spread across my face, grabbing Tom's attention.

"What's going on?" Tom asked confusion visible across his features.

"Just open the door twat."

"Don't call me a twat when I didn't do anything." Tom said getting up. "Why should I open it after you called me a twat?"

"Just do it mate, trust me."

Tom walked over to the front door, shooting me a look before twisting the handle. His jaw fell to the floor and pure shock was radiating off him in waves.

"W-what are you d-doin' h-here" Tom stuttered.

"Crazy Mary gave me time off." She replied sweetly as Tom pulled her into a tight hug.

Tom's POV

Five minutes ago.

I tried to keep my attention on the tv screen after Haz told me to drop it, but it was hard. He looked nervous, and anxious. I wanted to know what was making him feel that way. His phone chimed and the confusion only doubled as he stated to rapidly shoot back short texts. A knock at the door brought him back to reality.

"What's going on?" I asked, confusion now painted my voice too.

"Just open the door twat." He replied, his smile only growing.

"Don't call me a twat when I didn't do anything." I said as I stood up from the chair, "Why should I open it after you called me a twat?" I shot back

"Just do it mate, trust me." Haz said sincerely. I couldn't decide whether this was going to be a practical joke or if someone was going to try and scare me. I walked cautiously to the door, as I shot him a look. If this was a practical joke, prank wars would be on full throttle. I twisted the handle slowly, preparing myself for someone to scare me or drench me in flour. I held my breath as I opened the door.

The air was knocked out of my lungs, and I wouldn't be surprised if Haz had a picture of my jaw literally resting on the floor. Her sweet smile turned to more of a mocking one as she watched me frozen.

"W-what are you d-doin' h-here" I chocked out, still struggling to get the necessary air into my lungs.

"Crazy Mary gave me time off." She chuckled and I pulled her into a hug, not wanting to let go in fear that she was just going to disappear.

"I think we got 'em huh?" Haz said as he walked up to us.

"Yea, think so." Y/n said pulling away from the hug, I let go reluctantly. She hugged Harrison as I grabbed her suitcase from the hall. I still was quite literally in shock, my mouth could make words and my brain was a clean slate, except for three little words.

WHAT

THE

FUCK

"Ya alright mate?" Haz asked, his amusement audible.

All I could do is flick my eyes back and forth between them and nod.

"You'd think he saw a ghost." Y//n laughed along with Haz at my expense.

Harrison strode up to me and grabbed my shoulders shaking me violently. She laughed, she laughed so hard she doubled over and grabbed onto the couch for support. Her laugh made me smile, her laugh brought me back to reality.

"What the fuck?" I questioned joining in with the laughter.

"What? Me shaking you?' Haz asked.

"No. You guys planned this?" I said, feeling the slighted bit betrayed. He should have told me.

"Yep. Since last week." Y/n replied smiling.

"That's why you didn't want me to buy the tickets." I pieced together aloud.

"Yep."

"Wait, what about Andrew and the karaoke?" I asked.

"Some rando belting a very out of tune rendition in the parking garage."

"Here?"

"No at the airport."

"Oh."

She sat on the couch and looked at the show we were watching. "I love this show!" She exclaimed as she pressed play.

"We don't even know the name." Haz admitted taking the chair, leaving the spot next to y/n open.

"Oh my god, its Swat, aka like the best show ever."

I shot Haz a look that read "Really?". He held his hands up in surrender.

I promise, I will always come back.

Truth.