12-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Tom's POV (still sorry😬)

I sat in the beige chair in a beige room waiting for news, any news at all.

"Mrs. y/l/n?" A woman in her mid-thirties said walking into the waiting room.

"Yes?" Y/n's mum said standing up.

"Come with me." She said.

"Can Thomas come with us, he's a family friend?" Mrs. y/l/n said looking back at me.

"It's fine with me." The doctor said.

I followed them to the seventh floor we walked down a long hallway to room 723. Y/n laid on the bed with her arm bandaged up.

"We took her into emergency surgery and managed to stop the bleeding and remove some of the bullet fragments; but there are more left in her arm and we will have to go back in to get them." The doctor said as she flipped through a chart.

"When will she be awake?" I asked looking back at her pale face.

"She should be waking up in the next few hours, everyone body takes a different amount of time to processes the sedative." She said, "If that's all I have other patients to check on."

Y/n's mum nodded and sat in a chair next to the bed. I stood by the door awkwardly. I never told my parents what happened all those years ago, I don't think that she did either. All they knew was we never talked anymore, I went to the US for my career and pretty much left everything from here in my past including her. That was my biggest mistake, I wish I would have realized years ago how special y/n was. She was the person I could tell everything to, she was the person who loved me for being the little kid from Kingston, not for being some actor in Hollywood; and she was genuine, she was one of a kind, and I stupidly forced her out of my life.

"Thomas, I am going to grab something from the cafeteria, do you want anything?" Y/n's mum said standing up.

"No, I'm good but thank you." I responded before she walked out of the door.

I sat in the chair next to her bed. "Sunshine, please wake up, there are so many things I need to say to you." I said quietly.

I looked up at her face, her she squeezed her eyes shut before opening them slowly. I grabbed her hand,

"Y/n-" I started but she cut me off and pulled her hand out of mine.

"Who are you?" She asked, I searched her face for any sign of recognition, there was nothing but confusion.

"I'm Tom, don't you remember me?" I asked scared she had forgotten me.

"I'm sorry, I don't know you." With those six words my heart broke again, like it had years ago when I pushed her out of my life. I stood up, tears welling up in my eyes. I knew nothing good could of come from me seeing her again. I walked out of the room as my phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Hey mate how's it goin? I saw you weren't outside." Haz said with a suggestive tone, I could hear his eyebrows wiggling.

"I told you nothing good could come from this but you fuckin made me come." I said angrily.

"Oi! What happened?" Haz said.

"Her bastard boyfriend shot her." I said

"What?" Haz said surprised.

I didn't answer for a minute, I took a deep breath then continued.

"Harrison, she doesn't remember me." I said quietly into the phone, a tear traced its way down my cheek.

"What?" Harrison said confused, "How could she not remember you?"

"I don't know, she woke up and she looked at me and asked, 'who are you?' I looked at her face, she genuinely didn't remember me Harrison."

"Mate,"

"Look I don't want to talk about it now, can you come and pick me up from the hospital?" I said wiping a tear from my cheek.

"Yeah, I'm on my way right now. Tom?"

"Hm?"

"I'm so sorry."

"I promise Tommy, I could never forget you."

Lies-

A/n: plottttt twisttttttt!
Hope you all like the chapter and I hope you guys don't try to kill me😬.  I hope to update Sunday!

Lots of love ❤️
Nicole xx