35-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

"Hey how ya feeling?" Addi said as you stumbled through the front door practically collapsing over the back of the couch, which ended up being a huge mistake. You held a hand over your mouth as you ran to the bathroom praying that you'd make it there in time.

You spent the rest of that night lying on the bathroom floor, the cool tile sucking away what little body temperature you still had. You and Harry had practically done a pub crawl, getting so wasted that you had to lean on each other to make it the few hundred feet between the pubs. You drank to forget the day you had to suffer through, you drank to forget that Tom ignored your calls, you drank to forget him.

Recommended song for the rest of the chapter: Bruises by Lewis Capaldi

-

Tom grunted as he closed the door to your flat. "Rough day, love?" You asked looking over the back of the couch.

"Very." He said snatching a beer from the fridge.

You heard the metallic clink of the top falling on to the counter. "Throw that out please, I'm tired of cleaning up after you all of the time." You said with a laugh, it was true though, Tom would leave little things all over the flat, from the tops of his beers, to the socks that would appear out of nowhere and the occasional fork or spoon that made its way into the couch cushions despite the semi-strict don't eat on the couch rule.

"I was thinking of ordering pizza what'd ya think. Tom said plopping down on the couch next to you.

"Sounds good and get your damn feet off the coffee table. God this place would look like a zoo if you lived alone." You teased leaning back into the plush cushions.

"That's why I have you." He said giving you a peck on the cheek before leaning over you to snatch the remote.

"Real smooth Holland, real smooth." You said, a smile playing across your lips.

"That's why they call me Tomas The Smooth Dude Holland." He said laughing as he changed the channel on the tv.

You rolled your eyes at him before flicking your eyes back to the tv. You smiled to yourself, you were truly happy again. Your hand intertwined with his, he was the reason you were happy.

He was always the reason.

~

You tossed and turned, the pale moonlight shone through the window. "Can't sleep, love?" Tom said his voice sounding as groggy as he was.

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up." You mumbled rolling over to face him.

"Come 'ere." Tom said opening up his arms. You shifted so you were laying on his chest, he pressed a kiss to the top of your head and wrapped his arms around your torso.

"Thank you."

"No, thank you." Tom said rubbing his thumb across your arm.

-

You were woken up by the sharp sunlight that shone through the tiny window in the bathroom, your face smashed against the cold tile. The beautiful, alcohol-induced dream ripped away.

"Looks like you had fun last night." Addi said leaning against the doorframe.

"You'll never guess who I ran into." You replied sitting up and leaning against the shower wall.

Addi looked frightened, no, terrified. She was terrified that her plan had backfired, that Tom had made some grand gesture to get you back. She looked at you her eyes wide waiting for your response.

"Harry." You said smiling as you looked up at the ceiling.

Addi, let out a breath that she'd been holding. "So, did you guys like- or?"

"Ew! No, never! He's like my brother. We hung out and drank, a lot." You replied laughing.

"Fun." She said sarcastically. "Totally would've screwed him though."

"You would screw anything that was breathing." You replied popping aspirin in your mouth.

"Facts." She said before padding over to the couch and flopping down.

"Tom still hasn't called me back, or even texted me." You said sadness painting your voice.

"He's a dick, I'm not surprised. Honestly, I would just move on." She said scrolling through Instagram.

"I know, I-I just thought he was different." You said before sitting down on the couch.

"People change, usually not for the better." You silently nodded.

I promise, I won't ever change.

Lies

A/n: Let's not try and kill me okay?

talking to you Pure-BloodRavenclaw