39-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Y/n's POV

You walked to work the next morning, something that you did almost every morning unless the weather was absolutely terrible. It smelled like Andrew had already started the muffins and the sweet breads.

"What's up?" You asked as you grabbed you apron for the hook.

"I woke up three hours before I had to be here and decided to come in early to get things going 'round here." He said gesturing to the dough rising in bowls on the counter. "How's the apartment treating you?"

"Fine, I guess." You answered tying up your hair before washing your hands.

"Is Addi stoppin' in today? I made her favorite, cranberry orange zest." He said as he kneaded the light pink dough.

"She better not be." You said before walking out to the front counter.

"Hi! Welcome to Julie's, how can I help you?" You said a fake smile stretched across your lips as you greeted the middle-aged man who walked in.

Haz's POV

While Tom was somewhere over the Atlantic, I realized something, years ago I made a bet with Harry that Tom and y/n wouldn't get back together. We made this bet a year after they stopped talking and I thought I was a shoo-in for the win. Now six years later realized that I was probably going to lose two hundred pounds. Fun.

I paced around the flat, with Tom gone I literally had nothing to do. Literally, the only reason I would travel with him was so I could be his 'assistant'. I mean it was fun to travel the world with my best friend and we always had something to do or something to go to, but when he decides to run off to another continent, I had nothing to do.

Tom's POV

The plane finally landed. It was raining, yet the sun still managed to shine through making each droplet glisten like a diamond. I got a cab to my old house, and hoped that one of her parents was home, so they could tell me where she lived now.

"Tom? What are you doing here?" My mum said pulling me into a tight hug.

"I-I" I started unsure whether I should tell her the truth or not.

"What is it, Tomas?" She said worry painted her voice.

"I need to find y/n."

"Y/n? I thought that you haven't spoken to her in years."

"Well er- were talking again." I simplified.

"That's- oh my gosh I'm so excited!" Mum said grabbing my hand tightly as an electric smile swept across her face. "Wait 'till I tell her mum this news."

"Uh- actually I need to ask her mum a question, is she home?"

"I think so."

I ran across the front garden and up to y/n's old front door.

Play: You Are the Reason by Calum Scott -Acoustic 1 mic 1 take/live from Abbey Studios (recommended version)

"Hi Mrs. y/l/n! Can y/n come and play?"

I knocked and held my breath hoping she was home. Thankfully I heard her walking to the front door.

"Hey, Thomas! It's so nice to finally see you again." She said setting her cup of tea on a table just outside the door before pulling me into a hug. "How've you been?"

"Good, yeah um- this is going to sound kinda weird, but can I get y/n new address?"

"Yeah of course." She said pulling out her phone. She gave me y/n's address and I jumped back in the car. Her apartment was over four hours away and the whole time I drove there, thoughts flew through my head. I hadn't even thought about what I was going to say, or how to explain me showing up at her door.

"Tommy, stop cheating!"

"I'm not cheating, you're cheating."

"No."

"Read the rules silly."

"Oh, oops."

-

"Tommy, get back here!"

"I wanna go in the tree house first."

"Your mummy said we have to wash up for supper."

"I don't wanna."

"Ugh, come on I'm hungry."

"Fine. But you have to promise to play with me after."

"I promise."

-

"How was school you two?"

"Fine."

"I had so much fun, I made a lot of friends, but all Tommy wanted to do was climb the trees, which isn't allowed."

"Is this true Thomas?"

"No."

"Liar."

"Maybe it's true."

"You can't climb trees at school dear, we don't want you to get hurt."

"But the trees there a better."

"We have plenty of trees here for you to climb."

-

"Thomas and y/n sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g."

"Shut up Harry."

"That was a bit harsh don't ya think Tommy, and it really should be Harry and Elizabeth sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g!"

"Shut up y/n."

"Never."

-

"Do you guys remember when I would annoy you and run around singing that kissing in a tree song?"

"Yeah."

"Well I'd like to take a few moments of your time to showcase my new rendition, THOMAS AND Y/N SITTING ON A PATIO K-I-S-S-I-N—eww gross stop, my eyes!"

"Hey, you were singing it, we just wanted to add to the whole experience."

"Tommy."

"I can't fuckin stand you two, so gross."

-

"Are you sure you're ready?"

"With you, yes."

-

"W-What?"

"Like I told you, Leave. Me. The Fuck. Alone."

"Tommy?"

"Go."

I promise, I will always follow you.

Truth.

a/n: With this part, DYR hit 100 pages in Word! Thank you to everyone who has read and continues reading this story. There has been alot of times when i wanted to give up on this storym and knowing that there are people who look forwards to the next part keeps me going.

xx nicole-