45-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Three days later

Y/n's POV

"Promise you'll come back this time?" You asked biting the inside of your cheek.

"I promise. Soon as I get a break 'm coming up." Tom replied with a small smile stretching across his face. He pulled you into a tight hug, kissing the top of your head. "I promise I'll call you or text you every day, and I'm not breakin that this time." You looked up at him and smiled.

"You better." You teased.

"I will." He said sincerely before kissing your forehead, his arms still wrapped firmly around you.

Tom grabbed his keys from the bowl and walked out the door, giving you a smile before walking off down the blue-hued hallway. You shut the door and leaned against it. You looked up at the ceiling and fiddled with your hands, "Please, please have him come back." You said aloud to no one.

Two months later

You were dressed in leggings and a tank top with Arianna Grande's new album on full blast in your ears as you ran through the park that was situated across from your building. It was pretty early and the only other people around were other runners getting in a run before work. You were getting lost in the music when a text from Harrison interrupted your jam. You slowed to a walk while unlocked your phone.

To: Haz(div)

H: Hey Tom is getting a few days off next week and I assume that everything went well a few months ago since you two talk like every fuckin day so I was wonderin if you wanted to come back to LA for a bit, we got an extra room.

Y: Idk Haz, I got a lot of work here. I'm sure Tom is gonna just wanna hang w u and drink beers while he's off.

H: He was planning on flying to you, but he doesn't have enough time, if you come you can stay with us for a couple days instead of just two.

Y: it's tempting but I have to talk to my boss, she's pregnant and off her meds, so it's gonna be interesting.

H: good luck, glad im not you.

Y: wow, thanks haz.

You turned around and deiced to jog to the coffee shop, hoping that Mary would give you time off to see the boys.

"What are you doing here y/n, you're not supposed to be here for another three hours." Mary almost snapped, but you didn't hold it against her.

"I was hoping I could get next week off?" You asked carefully, biting the inside of your cheek nervously.

"Why?" She demanded from behind that counter.

"Uh, my fr-parents are hosting a family reunion next week, I haven't seen everyone in years." You lied, a bit surprised at how easily it slipped off your tongue. It wasn't completely a lie, you hadn't seen people who felt like your family in what felt like years.

"Well." Mary started, tapping her foot against the tile floor. "Fine, only because its family, and you need to pick up extra shifts when you get back."

"Thank you so much." You said, "I'll change into more appropriate clothes, and I'll start early today."

"Thank you." Mary said turning her back to you as she dived batter for muffins.

You ran across the street to your flat and changed into jeans and a pullover, before pulling your hair out of the messy ponytail and putting it back up into a neat bun. By the time you got back to the coffee shop, Andrew was there helping Mary put the muffins into the ovens.

"Hey y/n, you're in early." Andrew said surprise flicked over his face. The happenings of three days ago still fresh in both your minds.

"Yeah." You said not giving him a second look.

"You two finally screw?" Andrew asked when Mary was out of earshot. You ignored him, he didn't deserve to know about your personal life anymore. "Come on not one word huh." Andrew said before returning to kneading the dough. "Whore." You heard him say under his breath.

"We didn't. Not that that's any of your business." You snapped, "Leave me the fuck alone please and thank you." With that, he turned around and didn't even give you a second look.