24-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

"'bout time." Dante said making you throw your hands up in the air, trying to come off annoyed, but a smile cracked your façade.

"Really now, you too? God, I'm gonna need a new nurse." You said with a laugh.

"Hey, don't hate on me, you know I'm right." Dante said throwing his hands up in surrender.

"Oh, yeah, about what?"

"Don't act like you can't see the love and affection radiating off of him, I'm just surprised you two haven't screwed yet."

"Ah, Dante!" You yelled, cheeks turning a bright red.

"This, this is golden." Haz said pointing at you before snapping a picture on his phone. "Give me five minutes and I will make you into a meme."

"Ooh, please send it to me." Dante added with a laugh as he wrote something on a clipboard.

"Get out, both of ya." You said throwing an eggshell colored tissue box from the nightstand next to you.

"Oi! Watch it!" Harrison said as he snatched it out of the air and out of the path it was taking towards Dante's face.

"I can't stand you guys." You said jokingly but slightly disappointed that the projectile didn't reach its intended target.

"Too bad lover boy isn't here to automatically side with you." Harrison made fun of you.

"He doesn't always side with me."

"Eh, yes, yes he does."

"No."

"Yes, he does." Dante said budding in again.

"When did this every concern you, Dante?"

"Look, the drama that goes down in this room is more interesting than a three-car pile-up. This may not concern me, but I am concerning myself with it." You rolled your eyes as Dante chuckled.

"And also, he isn't lover boy, his name is Tom and you know that full well. He has a girlfriend too; So, he aint lover boy." You said sipping water out of a Styrofoam cup.

"Not yet. And even more important he had a girlfriend who he finally broke up with."

"In your dreams Haz." You said with a smile. Truthfully you didn't want it to happen in his dreams, you wanted it to happen for real.

"You know, dreams become reality every day y/n."

"Not this one." Please let it be this one.

"I'll bet you £100 that its gonna happen." Dante said popping his head in. (look I'm American and idk if that's right but I wanted Dante to bid 100 pounds so if it's wrong plz tell me and I'll change the symbol. Thx.)

"Deal cause I'm not gonna lose this bet. And eavesdropper much?" You said with a smile. God these two were going to be the end of me. You thought.

"Yea, you're going to lose that bet." Haz said laughing like he could see the future.

Tom's POV

"God Tom you are so stuck up." Maia said as she grabbed her suitcase, she had paced enough to live with me for months rather than staying with me for only a few days.

"Ya sure, don't let the door hit you on the way out." I said sharply holding the door to my old room open wide. Maia rolled her eyes.

"It's nice to know that Zendaya lied during that interview when she said, 'it's nice to know that the superhero is a good person' because you are the worst person I have ever met." She shouted as she walked out of the front door. "And don't expect me to not shout that from the rooftops."

(if you know which interview, I am specifically referencing you are now my favorite person)

"Don't ever speak to me again." I said before shutting the door tightly behind her. I wished that I had realized who Maia really was before I let myself become emotionally invested. It seemed like she was truly using to boost her popularity. Even though she wasn't a good person it hurt a bit knowing that once again I failed a relationship. I let my mind drift back to a few days ago and I couldn't fight the small flutter of butterflies that arose in my stomach when I thought about the kiss, about her. It felt like there was something still there, a little flutter of hope, a little flutter of love; I just hope she felt it too.

I promise, the feelings have always been there, and they aren't going anywhere.

Truth.

a/n: its official, with this chapter DYR, has hit 20k words making it the longest story I have ever written and I am happy to say I still see a bunch more chapters to come! I really hope you all enjoy reading this as much I enjoy writing this.

Byee for now!

-Nicole