13-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Your POV

You woke up with a brown-haired boy sitting to my left. When he saw your eyes open, he grabbed your hand and relief washed over his face. You could tell he was worried about you, but you had no idea who he was. His eyes searched yours for something he never was going to find, recognition.

"Who are you?" You asked, as you slipped your hand from his.

"I'm Tom don't you remember me?" He asked, I could see he was upset about something.

"I'm sorry I don't think I know you." You replied. He stood up and walked out the door, you felt bad because it looked like those words broke his heart. You watched as he talked on the phone with someone, he looked at you through the glass doors and you thought that you saw a tear trace its way down his cheek; he noticed you looking and wiped it away quickly.

A few minutes went by and your mum walked into the room. "Hey, sweetie how do you feel?"

"I'm okay, who was that guy?"

"What guy?"

"The one who was in here earlier."

"Oh, that was Tom, where'd he go?" Your mum asked looking around the room.

"He left, should I know him or something?" You asked still confused.

"Do you really not remember him?"

"Not at all."

"I'm gonna go and talk to the doctor okay?" Your mum said as she stood up and headed towards the nurses desk. Your mums words worried you, the way she kept asking if you remembered him made you think that he was definitely important. Your mind started a list of people he could be to you.

- Family friend? Maybe definitely possible.

- Best friend? Eh, he doesn't seem like the kind of person I would hang with.

- Boyfriend? Definitely not, there is no way a guy who looks like that would like me.

- The person who did this to me? Hopefully not, cause I would want to snap his dick in half.

- Enemy? Better not, also if we hate each other then why would he be here?

- Someone from my past? Tf no. why would he be here now then?

"Hi y/n I am doctor Helena Walsh, how are you feeling?" A woman in a white lab coat said as she looked over my chart.

"My arm is numb but other than that I'm feeling okay." You responded.

"Can you tell me who this is?" She asked pointing to your mum.

"That's my mum, y/m/n."

"Good, and can you tell me who was in here earlier?"

"Some brown haired boy why?"

"Do You remember that brown haired boys name?"

"I don't think I've ever met him."

"Okay." She said pulling out a phone. "can you tell me who this is?" She said showing me a picture of Zac Effron.

"That's Zac Effron right?" You responded a bit confused at where this was all going.

"Good." She said offering no explanation. She continued to show you pictures of famous people who you identified quickly.

"Mrs. Y/l/n can I talk to you out side for a minute?" Dr. Walsh said.

They walked outside of the glass door closing it behind them. You could see their mouths moving and they kept glancing at you, but you couldn't hear a word they were saying. You mum went on her phone and made a call. About twenty minutes later the same brown haired boy showed up, his eyes puffy and pink. He looked at you with a small smile. The doctor and your mum talked to him about something that obviously made him upset. When they finished talking your mum pulled him into a tight hug saying something to him. Doctor Walsh walked back into your room.

"Sometimes after the brain senses a traumatic thing happening it shuts down to protect its self. I believe that what happened to you today confused your brain into thinking it was Tom hurting you again. Your memory should come back eventually, some patients find it helpful to talk about what happened in the past." Doctor Walsh continued but you didn't hear anything over the sound of your thoughts racing through your head.

Okay so that boy is named Tom and he hurt me. How did he hurt me, did he like... it did he do something else or... your thoughts raced through your head to fast for you to finish one. The brown haired and brown eyed boy stood out side the glass looking down at the floor uncomfortably with his hands in his pockets.

Who was this boy and why was he so important to this all?

She sat on the worn wooden bench next to me resting her head on my shoulder. "I promise Tommy, I will always remember us."

Lies.