34-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Y/n's POV

"Who were you talking to?" You asked walking back into the room. It had been three hours since you left the message for Tom and you had no response. You just assumed that he was busy shooting another big shot movie, he wouldn't get your message and just ignore you right?

"Oh, no one, just my brother." She said with a sly smile.

"Kay." You said before opening the fridge, your stomach growling. Something was a little off and you wanted to find out what it was.

Addi's phone rang and she scurried off out the door to answer it. You leaned against the counter eating an apple and wondering why Tom still hadn't gotten back to you yet. Maybe his phone is dead, maybe he's shooting, maybe he's in a meeting, stop. You know that he is avoiding you, why would he call me back when I said those awful things, why would he call me back after I said those five words we swore to never say again. The slamming of your front door snapped you out of your thoughts.

"God I can't believe men." Addi exclaimed as she practically threw herself on to the couch.

"Tell me about it. Who did what this time?" You sighed taking the last bites of your apple.

"You don't know him, his name is uh, Harry, yeah Harry. He won't go out with me because he thinks that I am trying to keep his best friend, uh, Leighton and who he says is Leighton's soulmate apart." She turned on her phone and started scrolling, signifying the conversation was over.

"Okay then. Maybe you shouldn't instantly delve into people's friends' relationships, ever think of that?" You said sarcastically as you threw the apple core out. Addi grunted in response and you walked off to your room and sat on the window seat. The sun had begun to set behind the gleaming towers marking seven hours since you left him the voicemail. You don't make every shot you take, right?

"I'm heading to the pub kay?" You asked, but it wasn't a question. Addi grunted in response.

"Don't get drunk and screw some rando and get knocked up." You chuckled.

"Uhn." You said before walking off to your room to get changed.

-

The pub was crowded, and the music was vibrating your soul. You walked over to the bar and grabbed a beer. "What's a pretty lady like you doing all alone on a fine night like this?" A man said sliding onto the stool next to you. He reeked of alcohol even though it was only seven. You kept staring up at the soccer game that was on the tv pretending to be interested. "Ey, I'm talking to you." The man said grabbing your upper arm.

"Fuck off." You said sharply jerking your arm out of his grasp.

"That's no way to talk to a man." He said getting offended.

"I told you to fuck off, now leave." You said, a fire igniting in your stomach.

"Well, I don't want to." He raised his voice catching the attention of the bartender who looked over slowly walking towards you.

"She told you to fuck off the fuck outta here." A voice said from behind you, it was rather familiar. You turned around to put a face with the voice and was met with a mop of red curls and soft eyes. Harry. The man strode off mumbling curses under his breath.

"Long time no see eh?" Harry said pulling you into a hug.

"It's good to see you again, and thanks for that."

"I only stepped in because I was afraid you were going to start throwing hands, I didn't need you getting arrested for standing your ground and starting a barfight." Harry said with a smile before licking his lips and taking another swig of beer. You raised your eyebrows and laughed.
"How've you been?"

You shrugged, took a sip of beer and continued. "I mean if getting shot by your boyfriend and then having everyone in your life turn out to be complete assholes good, then I have been great."

"Wow, that wasn't the answer I was expecting." Harry said leaning against the bar.

"What, were you expecting me to say everything was great and I was happy, and life was perfect?" You said with a laugh, life hadn't been like that since then.

"What are you up to these days?" Harry asked not answering your question.

"Eh, the usual, eating, sleeping working and eating more."

"To living the life." Harry said raising his bottle.

"To living the life." You echoed tapping the neck of your beer against his.

a/n: hope you guys like this chapter!! More to come.