17-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

You opened your eyes, a concerned Tom and Haz leaned over, each grasping one of your hands.

"Woah, what's goin on?" You asked very confused. The brown-haired boy blinked twice before he sat back in his chair.

"Are ya loopy?" Haz asked a foolish smile played across his lips.

"Uh, I don't think so." You said rubbing your head gently, the sun had fully set, only the fluorescents lit up the square room. Concern still painted the faces of your two allies, "What has you so worried?" You asked beginning to be concerned too.

"Before the strong ass meds knocked you out, you said that, and I quote 'I did this, I did all of this.' What the fuck did you mean by that? Did you murder someone or something?" Harrison asked a mixture of worry and humor painted his features. You looked over at Tom, your hand still resting comfortably in his, worry also visible across his face. Everything came back, flashing by your eyes; the texts, the missed calls, everything.

"I think I know why Aaron did this." The boys both looked up at you wonder now filled their eyes, not the type you see when little kids go to Disney Land but more the type you see in kids' eyes when they start learning about space and all that we don't know.

"Well don't leave us hanging! Spit it out." Haz said on the edge of his seat.

"After I saw you on my run, I texted Aaron saying you were back." You said looking at Tom, then you continued, "He thought I was going to leave him for you, he always was like that, I would look at a guy for a second too long and he would ask me if I wanted to leave him. He was weird like that. My phone had no service I couldn't respond."

"So, he did the most normal thing any sane human would do and kidnapped you." Haz said a smile made your way onto your lips, you didn't know it, but Tom missed that smile so freaking much. You were at a loss for words, something that didn't happen much.

"I'm gonna kill him." Tom muttered under his breath.

"Let's not get into any more violence today, sweetie." Harrison said making all of you laugh. You realized how much you missed the boys for the six years you didn't talk to them, their banter always made you laugh, and Harrison always has a joke to make you laugh.

"I'll try my best." Tom said laughing, you realized how much you missed his laugh, how much you had missed him.

The same nurse who gave you the medication walked back into the room, "Hi guys, how are you feeling Miss y/n?"

"I'm feeling okay, just a bit of a headache." You responded, the fluorescents certainly weren't helping.

"She never was loopy." Haz complained to the nurse who responded with a laugh and held his hand up in surrender.

"Hey, everybody's body processes the medication a little differently." Haz groaned,

"Well, I missed out on capturing some of the funniest y/n moments, thanks a lot." Everyone laughed as the nurse walked over to the light switch on the wall near the glass door. He flicked off three of the four lights, it was almost nine o'clock; visiting hours were long over.

"Sorry boys, but y/n needs some rest and the visiting hours ended a long time ago." The nurse said as he checked the drip, tapping it a few times to make sure there weren't any air bubbles. The two boys groaned not wanting to leave, as they grabbed their stuff. Tom gave your hand a squeeze and mumbled something about promising to come back tomorrow before he walked towards the door.

"Please don't get loopy when I'm not here." Harrison said as he and Tom walked out the glass door.

"I'll do my best." You responded with a laugh.

The nurse walked around your bed to the side of the monitors and wrote down some numbers, "You've got some good friends." He said not taking his eyes off the monitors.

"Yeah." You responded as a small smile crept onto your face.

"Keep 'em around this time okay?"

"There's not a chance I'm pushing them away this time." It was true, you never wanted to lose them again, even if you had only been with them for a day you never wanted them to leave. They were your best friends, everything picked up right where you left off, except for one thing.

I promise, we will always pick up right where we left off.

Truth.