44-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

"I-I need you back in my life." Tom practically blurted out, "My life sucked ass when you were gone, frankly I don't care if we date or anything, I just need you." He ran a hand through his soft curls as he looked down at the floor, shuffling his feet slightly.

You didn't really know what to say, so you stood as still as Drax thought he could in Infinity War. You wished you were invisible, you wished that Tom had just gone on his way. But maybe this was for the best, maybe you were meant to be a part of each other's life, maybe this was the universe give you a second, no more like fourth chance. You took a deep breath trying to figure out how best you word this. "You remember how I used to say that history repeats its self?"

"Ya." Tom said lifting his head to meet your gaze.

"Well, I think that universe keeps throwing us at each other because we are meant to be in each other's lives. Maybe this is the universe giving us like a fourth chance to make this right." You said as a soft smile spread across your lips.

"I completely agree with that statement." Tom chuckled taking a few steps, so he was at the end of the island. Only a few feet separated you, but the air was sparkling and popping. The soft yellow glow from the lights cast over his features and illuminated each curl that fell perfectly. His brown eyes glowed like sunspots and honey, you let yourself get lost in them for a minute.

"Friends?" You asked, snapping you both to the present.

"Uh, yeah, friends." Tom said, his smile faltered for a split second, he hoped you didn't see it, but you did. "Ragnarok huh?" Tom said directing his attention away from you and to the tv screen that was paused on the opening credits.

"Yeah." You answered, smiling sheepishly.

"Damn, you really haven't changed one bit."

"Is that a good thing or bad?" You asked laughing as you sat on the couch.

"Good. It's nice to have someone who doesn't change for other people." Tom said smiling as he sat next to you and grabbed the remote, starting the movie.

It was late and you didn't want to move. Every now and then you would flick your eyes to Tom and tried to take everything in, from his flowing curls, his brown eyes, and how his pale pink lips stretched into a smile. You wanted to remember everything, you tried to believe that this would blow up again, but part of you felt that history would repeat its self again.

Tom's POV

As we watched the movie, I found myself glancing over at her, I wanted to soak everything in. I didn't want history to repeat itself, I had just gotten her back, and I was nowhere ready to lose her again. The movie was coming to an end and y/n's eyes were fluttering closed, she looked so peaceful, I was afraid to move for I didn't want to wake her.

-

The sun shone through the windows, gently waking me from sleep. Sometime during the night, we managed to get tangled together, and her head ended up on my chest. I smiled, this moment filled my heart, it was just like seven years ago and this was most certainly the present. She stirred and her eyes opened slowly.

"Hey, sleepy head." I mumbled into her hair.

"Hey." She responded, her voice was still hoarse with sleep, but I could hear her smile. "You hungry?"

"Yeah." I said as my stomach growled simultaneously. She laughed, her eyes lighting up.

"Muffin?" She asked sitting up.

"Sure." She got up and walked over to her pantry pulling out two saran wrapped muffins. "Chocolate or blueberry?" She asked, her lips still stretched into a smile.

"Chocolate." I answered and she threw to me. "Please tell me that in the last seven years you have managed to play a softball game or somethin' you got a serious arm." I laughed as I unwrapped the muffin.

"No, I usually just throw a medicine ball at the gym when I'm angry. It's all about taking out your emotions in a healthy way." She said, barely able to finish her sentence before she was laughing too hard to talk.

I promise, I will always love you.

Truth.