8-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Do you remember the day you broke my heart?

You stood up and squinted at the tree line hoping to make out who or what was there. I saw a shadow slowly recede into the dense trees. Something felt off, you got up and ran out of the clearing and practically flew over the stream. You ran down the street to your house, the boys no longer outside in the driveway. You ran inside and locked the front door, something you haven't had to do in years. You mum was at work, you were alone in the house. Something banged against the window next to the front door, you jumped. That's it, you thought. You walked up to your room and started packing a bag you were going to stay with Aaron for a few days. Just as you zipped up the bag you heard the front door open.

"Mum?" You called out, the hairs on the back of your neck stood on end. When there wasn't an answer you ran down the stairs and out the back door. Someone shouted as you ran across the garden and into the Hollands. You pounded on the glass door not even caring if you broke it. Tessa started barking loudly before everything went black.

Tom's POV (omg I'm really happy to switch POV's 😂)

I was outside playing basketball with Harrison when he called out to a woman who was running down the street. She was so familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I asked Haz who it was, and he completely flipped out,

"Wh-who was that? You better be fuckin' with me Thomas, I swear to god if you don't remember her, I'm gonna kill you." Haz said angrily as he threw the basketball to the ground.

"Damn what's the big deal, I can't remember everyone I meet." I said still confused why Haz was so angry about me not remembering her.

"Thomas Stanley fucking Holland, you know this is exactly what y/n was worried about, she didn't want you to forget this town and the people in it when you go-"

Did he just say y/n? "Wait y/n? Was that her?" I asked my heart started beating faster.

"Yes, you div." Haz said still mad.

"Oh," I said surprised, I thought she would have moved away by now. I felt so guilty for the way I treated her all those years ago, she deserved more of an explanation.

I was feeling so overwhelmed, my head was spinning, memories came flooding back.

"Happy birthday Tommy! How does it feel to officially a teenager?" Y/n said giving me a hug. I loved when she called me Tommy, who knew that five simple letters could make someone so happy?

"It doesn't feel any different, I still feel like a kid from Kingston."

"Promise me you will always be the little kid from Kingston." Y/n said looking into my eyes.

"I promise."

I thought about those words I said to y/n, I promised to always be the little kid from Kingston, and with everything going on I slowly lost that. I felt so guilty, I told myself I would always be the little kid from Kingston, and I failed myself and more importantly her.

"Tom, hello? You still in there?" Haz said waving a hand in front of my face.

"Yeah, sorry." I said running a hand through my hair.

"You destroyed her six years ago Thomas, whatever you said to make her want to leave all those years left her a shell of who she was." Haz said. I never told him exactly what I said to her, and I never told him that I was the one who made her leave.

It had been a month since I'd seen y/n, I had been on vacation with my family. I promised to call her every day, but I didn't. My acting career had finally really started picking up and I didn't want to hurt her more later when I told her that I had to go to the US. We pulled into the drive way and I saw y/n run to the car from the back garden a huge smile was on her face, she was so beautiful.

"Tommy, you're back!" She shouted as she ran to where I was standing; the rest of my family was inside unpacking. Her smile was so beautiful, but I forced myself to stay stone faced

"Why are you here?" I groaned, she opened her mouth to answer but I cut her off. "I don't want you here, y/n I never wanted you here. You are god damn clingy, god, can't you take a hint and leave me the fuck alone. "I watched as my words pierced her heart like bullets from a gun. My eyes began to water but I forced my cheeks to stay dry. Her smile had faded, a hurt expression painted her face. Seeing her hurting made me hurt more than I already did.

"W-What?" She said choking on her words.

"Like I told you, Leave. Me. The Fuck. Alone." My words were cold. I looked at her face and saw tears swelling up in her eyes. I wanted to cry too but I couldn't show much emotion for she word wrap her arms tightly around me and I would regret every word I said more than I already did.

"Tommy?" She said quietly as a tear traced its way down her cheek. The girl standing before me was being apart from the inside out. I wanted to take back every word, but it was too late, everything had been said.

"Go." I said, my voice cracked a I too had tears streaming down my face, she walked away shoulders slumped, hands hanging limp at her sides. I just hurt her more than anyone else ever could, and there wasn't anything I could do to make it better.

"I'm sorry, I love you Sunshine." I whispered after her, but she never heard me. It was true I really did love her, I love her more than anyone I had every loved before. 

But seeing her today made me realize, I still loved her more than I've ever loved anyone before, but it was too late to take it all back.

I promise, I will always love you.

Truth?