2-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Do you remember all those hours we spent playing with your brothers?

You switched off your phone and looked out the window that faced the Holland's back garden. You could see Paddy who had just turned 14, running though the garden with Tessa, the Holland's dog. You smiled remembering when you used to play hide and seek with the Holland boys, all those years ago; too bad Tom knew all your hiding spots.

"9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1 here I come, ready or not!" Harry yelled from the front garden. You hid in a tree a few feet above the roof of the tree house. You watched Tom sneak around the side of the house hoping to scare Harry as he started the search. You saw Sam streaking across the garden as Harry chased him over the fence and into your garden.

"Illegal! You are out of bounds!" Tom shouted from the back steps. The boys climbed back over the fence they had a look in their eyes, the look the twins had when they were planning something. They walked over to Tom and formed a circle, you could see their mouths moving but from where you were there wasn't any sound that reached you. You knew they had created a plan to find you when they all split up and started searching the grounds. Your hiding place above the tree house was a new one, and you hoped the boys wouldn't find it.

Suddenly below you could hear the rustling of leaves as someone climbed up the back of the tree house. You looked down and saw the curly mop of brown hair that belonged to Tom.

"Sunshine, where oh where could you be?" He said in a sing-songy voice before looking up and smiling at you.

You quickly traversed to the other side of the tree, hoping to make an escape. He followed you, his smile got bigger when he realized you ran out of places to go. Above you were branches not strong enough to hold you, and below was the roof of the tree house. That's when you had an idea. You dropped down to the tree house roof and carefully lowered yourself, so you were hanging by your fingertips.

"Y/n, I swear if you fall," Tom started, he tried to hide the worry in his voice with a laugh.

You swung your legs to get momentum, and right before Tom was able to tag you, you swung yourself through the window and landed in a heap on the hard wooden floor. You head Tom's beautiful laugh as he too, tried to maneuver himself through the window. He landed almost right on top of you, you both laughed as he rolled to your side.

"Thomas, where the bloody hell are ya?" You heard Sam yell from the back steps. Tom sat up and peaked out the window.

"Sam n' Harry are on the back steps, lets hide from them." Tom whispered has he crawled to the window facing away from the house.

You started humming the Mission Impossible theme song as Tom climbed out the window and on to a sturdy branch. Tom laughed as he joined in humming the song. The two of you climbed higher in the tree, watching the twins fan out to try and find you both. Harry took the front garden and Sam took the back, he looked in all of the obvious places; behind the shed, in the bushes, in the tree house, but he never thought to check the rest of the tree. Silly Harry, you thought.

When Sam made it to the bottom of the ladder Tom let out a laugh, he had been trying so very hard to hold in.

"Tom and y/n you guys won, can you come out now so we can start another round?" Harry whined. You looked at Tom and laughed, you both silently decided to go thought the window of the tree house and come down the ladder just to make Harry mad at Sam. When you made it to the back steps, Harry scolded Sam for missing you both.

"Really Sam, you had one job, ONE Job!"

"I didn't see them in the tree house, I looked promise."

"Well maybe mum needs to take you to get your eyes checked." Harry said with a smile as he messed up Sam's hair.

"Who wants to do another round?" Tom said with a smile.

You snapped out of the memory, your head was still spinning. The memory caused a weak smile to paint your face, you missed the days when you disappeared with Tom and the twins to the forest. You looked down at your watch and saw the time was now in the afternoon, you still had a few hours before Aaron would be here, you walked outside and down the quiet road hoping to clear your head.

I promise, I could never hate you.

Another lie-