11 a-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

"Well your boyfriend shot you, I don't think he is a good boyfriend." Tom laughed, I hadn't heard his laugh in years and honestly, I missed it. "Y/n-" He started. Sirens were blaring and I could see the lights flashing on the street.

"Tom, why are you here?" You asked you were still confused about why he was here.

"I saw you running and, I had to see you again. I feel so fuckin' terrible about what I said to you all of those years ago. I wish I could take it all back, y/n I'm so sorry." He said, I could tell he really did feel bad but that didn't take away all the hurt he has caused me.

"Tom-" You started. The world began to get fuzzy again, really, now?! You thought, now really wasn't the best time to slip into a memory again.

You were sitting up in the Hollands tree house, sketching something. You looked around at the wooden walls, they held so many memories. Something was different about this memory though, you could see yourself, like a videogame in third person. You heard the crunching of the Holland's car in the gravel driveway. You watched yourself put down the pad and climb quickly down the ladder. You watched as you ran across their back-garden beaming from ear to ear. You watched as the rest of Tom's family walked inside with their bags, leaving you and Tom alone outside.

"Tommy, you're back!" You said excited, there was still some time left in the summer, there was still time for you could create so many more memories together. You kept smiling but Tom had a hard expression on his face. There was something in his eyes, not quite anger, but definitely determination, and a tiny speck of sadness; almost too small to catch.

"Why are you here?" He groaned, and before he let you answer he continued. "I don't want you here, y/n I never wanted you here. You are god damn clingy, god, can't you take a hint and leave me the fuck alone." You watched as his words pierced your heart like bullets, causing more pain than the literal bullet Aaron out in your arm. You saw your face turned red and watched s tears welled up in your eyes.

"W-What?" You said tripping over the word, the boy in front of you wasn't the Tom you knew and loved.

"Like I told you, Leave. Me. The Fuck. Alone." His words were cold. You watched as a single tear welled up in his left eye. You saw that his words hurt him too.

"Tommy?" You said quietly, you watched as a tear traced its way down your cheek.

"Go."

You turned away and started walking back to your house, tears now flowed freely down your face. Your heart ached, scratch that, your heart was hardly beating anymore; for the one person it beat for just cut you out of his life with three seemingly simple words, Leave me alone. You watched as Tom too turned around and let tears slide down his face. You watched as your body crossed over to your garden, but you stayed.

"I'm sorry, I love you Sunshine." Tom said quietly as he turned to watch you walk away defeated. Sunlight shone down on him making his wet cheeks shine. I love you too, you thought.

Your head was spinning once again. If he loved me then why did he break my heart knowingly? You thought. The spinning slowed and was replaced with a state of confusion.

Tom's POV (again, sorry if you hate this)

There were so many things I wanted to tell her, so many things that I had to explain; but her eyes fluttered closed. Please just stay with me Sunshine, there is so many things I left unsaid. I thought. I needed a chance to take back everything that I said all those years ago; I needed to try my best to fix it. Paramedics rushed to her side practically pushing me out of the way. I watched as they worked on her, wrapping her upper arm tightly with bandages, each layer they wrapped the slower the white bandages turned red. I stood there as they loaded her into an ambulance.

"Are you with her kid?" A man identified by the badge on his shirt as H. Welder.

"Uh," I started not knowing what to say.

"Do you know her name, her parents' names etc.?" He asked.

"Yea."

"Okay, you are coming with us." He said ushering me towards the ambulance and shutting the doors behind me.

No getting out of this now.

I promise, I will always stay with you.

Truth.