47-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Haz's POV

"I don't know if I can do it, with my dad and all. My mum moved us out here so we wouldn't be reminded of him every day, I just don't know if I can go back." Tom knew more about her past than I did but I understood where she was coming from. If my dad died in the US and I was moved out here so we wouldn't think about him as much I wouldn't necessarily want to go back.

"Think about it though, please." I almost begged.

"I will, but I can't make any promises." She said before hanging up the phone. I hoped that she would come.

I sank into the couch, planning on turning on a game, however, there was one small problem, the remote was nowhere to be found.

"Agh!" I exclaimed as I stood back up throwing cushions around. Tom always lost the remote and it was always up to me to find it. He's lucky that he is at work because if he was here, I would force him to find the damn thing. After a few minutes of searching and determining that it wasn't somewhere in the living room, I walked over to the fridge and pulled out a beer. Low and behold there the damn thing was, sitting comfortably on the fridge shelf, as if to be taunting me.

I grabbed the remote and a beer and sat back down on the couch.

"'Ey mate, I'm gonna buy the flight tickets tonight, are ya coming?" Tom asked as he strode into the room dropping his bag from work on the floor.

"Uh, I wouldn't buy the tickets yet." I said hoping he'd just say okay and not press further.

"Why?" He asked now in the kitchen browsing in the fridge.

"Uh, I don't know mate, can you just hold off for another day? Please."

"You got one day." He said opening a beer and swirling the amber liquid around a few times before pressing the bottle to his lips. "Have you talked to her yet? I swear mate you better not ruin the surprise."

"I talked to her." I responded hoping he wouldn't catch me in a lie.

"You told her didn't ya." Tom accused setting the bottle down.

"I didn't mean to, it just slipped out. Look I'm sorry."

He shook his head with a chuckle. "You better learn to control that mouth of yers, gonna get you in a world of trouble someday."

"Yea real rich coming from the guy who is literally known as Spoiler-Man." I quipped.

Tom laughed knowing I was right and knowing there was no good comeback he didn't say anything else. Looks like there might be a brain in there after all.

We sat on the couch and watched a soccer game, sometimes getting in each other's faces because we root for different teams. My phone buzzed in my pocket. When I read the message, I couldn't help the smile that spread across my lips.

"Get a text from a hot girl or somethin'?" Tom said raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, something like that." I answered before shooting a quick message back. Tom watched me, trying to decipher what had just happened. I put my phone on the arm of the couch and turned my attention back to the glowing screen. "Oh yea, guess where I found the remote this afternoon?" I said attempting to change the subject.

"I left it on the coffee table last night." Tom said not taking his eyes off the tv.

"Uh huh, right. So, there are some magical gnomes that live in this flat and they stuck it in the fridge." I joked tossing the remote at him, hitting him in the center of his chest.

"Yeah, I met one last night, his name was Arnold and he's very nice." Tom said. I bit the inside of my lip trying to stifle the laugh that was trying so very hard to come out. "Oh, and he has a friend named Paul who piles the plate up in the sink."

"What the fuck mate." I said the laugh I had been trying to keep in burst though. Tom just looked at me and smirked holding up his beer. "I can't stand you."

"Yep. That's why you travel with me all around and do whatever I say."

"Hey, maybe I only do it for the chicks."

"Yeah right." Tom said before taking the last swallow of his drink.