6-

*y/f/I = your first initial*

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Do you remember our first kiss?

You shut the glass door behind you and sat down at the table as your mum placed a plate of steaming eggs in front of you.

"Was Tom out there?" She asked as she served herself.

"No, just Harry." You responded before shoveling eggs into your mouth; it felt like you hadn't eaten in ages.

Your mind started drifting back to Tom, Stop it y/n! You thought to yourself, Stay in the present. but it was too late.

"Sunshine, what are we doing here?" You had taken Tom back to the clearing in the woods. You figured it was time to tell Tom how you really felt, your friends and his had been telling you two to formally confirm what you both knew about each other; you both liked each other and everyone else could see it but you two. You reached the field and sat in the blowing flowers, Tom sat cross-legged in front of you, so your knees were touching.

"To-"

"Y/n-" You both spoke at the same time, a smile spread across his face.

"Sunshine, you go first." He smiled at you. You truthfully didn't want to go first, what if he didn't feel the same, what if a few simple words wreck everything.

"Uh," You started, "First you need to promise that even if I tell you I have feelings for you, you won't make things weird." Shit! You thought, you were so nervous you just let it slip out.

You looked up at him, you could see that the wheels in his head were spinning a mile a minute. He was looking down at his hands as he clasped and unclasped them, a nervous tick of his.

"Tommy, say something." You said looking at him, he raised his head and looked into your eyes a faint smile spread on his lips.

"I have feelings for you too, I always have." You smiled as his grew.

He leaned towards you as he placed a hand on your cheek. The next thing you knew your lips were connecting, molding against each others. He pulled away looking at in your eyes, goofy smiles stretched from ear to ear on both of your faces.

"I've wanted to do that for way too long." Tom said quietly, you laughed. Same, you thought. The rest of that day you both ran through the woods, up and down the stream, climbing every rock or tree possible. You stayed in that forest until the sun started slowly dipping behind the horizon.

You snapped out of the memory, a sad smile played across your lips.

"Y/n are you okay?" Your mum asked worried as she put down her fork and looked at you.

"Hmm, what?" You opened your eyes wide trying to forget what you were thinking about.

"Are you okay? Your eyes glazed over, and you didn't answer my question."

"I'm fine, just zoning out I guess." You said hoping she'd buy the lie again. You cleared your plate and decided that a run would be good to clear your head. You changed into running attire and looked out the window, Tom, and his best friend Haz, were playing basketball in the driveway. You used to hang out play basketball with them years ago, they usually cheated to win. The only direction you could run in was going straight past his house, Fuck it, it's about time. You thought as you turned left from your driveway. You slipped in headphones and didn't look at them, until you heard the basketball stop bouncing.

"Hey y/f/I how are you?" Haz shouted over the loud music that played in your ears. You simply gave him a thumbs up and kept looking directly forwards. The whole time you ran past their driveway you had an internal war raging, to look or not to look. Tom had probably forgotten all about me, he was famous now, I was just a thing of the past, you thought. Just as the song ended you could hear Tom ask Haz "Who was that." Right then, fifteen feet from where your heart first broke all those years ago; it broke again, this time into smaller fragments sparkling like broken glass now shattered on the pavement.

I promise, I could never forget you.

Lies-