Prologue

|Six Years Ago|

//Promises don't last forever, but forever doesn't exist without promises//

It had been a month since you've seen Tom, he had been on vacation with his family. He had promised to call you every day, but he didn't. You were sitting up in his tree house drawing when you heard their car pull in the driveway. You climbed down leaving your drawing book and ran across his back garden.

"Tommy, you're back!" The rest of his family was inside unpacking, you were smiling but the boy standing in front of you had a hard expression.

"Why are you here?" He groaned before he let you answer he continued. "I don't want you here, y/n I never wanted you here. You are god damn clingy, god, can't you take a hint and leave me the fuck alone." His words pierced your heart like bullets, you could feel your face getting hot and tears welling up in your eyes.

"W-What?"

"Like I told you, Leave. Me. The Fuck. Alone." His words were cold. You looked at his face and saw anger burning in his eyes.

"Tommy?" You said quietly as a tear traced its way down your cheek.

"Go."

You turned away and started walking back to your house, tears now flowed freely down your face. Your heart ached, scratch that, your heart was hardly beating anymore; for the one person it beat for just cut you out of his life with three seemingly simple words, Leave me alone.

I promise I'll never hurt you.

Lies-

inspired by h-osterfield 's Remember When