26-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

You knew Andrew couldn't take you back, but you wished he could. You looked at him still standing in the door way, your vision blurred with thick, warm tears. Before you could wipe them away you were enveloped in a tight hug. You breathed in Andrews sent, pine and linen. Sure, it had only been a little over a month, but he wasn't some kid who was going to grow up to be a famous actor and leave you in his past, or toy with your emotions until he got bored; and from what you could already tell he wasn't going to kidnap and shoot you, he was, well, normal.

"It's a pretty necklace, who's it from?" He asked not knowing that question had a very long and loaded answer. You didn't say anything, you closed your hand around the metal that now was warm and took a deep, shaky breath.

"Someone from my past."

"Oh, okay." You looked out the window, the sunlight was chunky as buildings blocked sections. "I'm gonna go and finish the kitchen." You heard his footsteps fade as he walked down the hall.

"Okay." You said quietly letting the delicate necklace hit the floor.

"Hell yea." You said taking the clipboard. There were pages of release forms you had to fill out, you sighed and stole the pen that Haz was now spinning through his fingers.

"Harrison, is Tom coming back soon?" Dante asked as he leaned against the doorframe waiting for you to fill out the stack of paper. Haz just shrugged, but he knew something, and you were determined to find out.

"Thank you, y/n, I'll get the doctor to discharge you." Dante said grabbing the clipboard and strolling out.

"What is it?" You asked Harrison, determined to get an answer. He ran a hand through his short blonde hair as his left foot began tapping nervously.

"Uh, its nothing, yea, nothing." He said avoiding eye contact. It had to be about Tom he would have told you otherwise.

"It's about Tom." You said matter-of-factly. He looked up at you, shit, he thought, she knows me too well.

"Uh, yeah."

"Tell me."

"He made me promise to not tell you." He said watching his leg bounce up and down.

"That never stopped you before."

"He has a girlfriend."

"I know that you div, my memory doesn't reset every ten seconds."

"He broke up with her, to be with you but..." Harrison stopped mid-sentence unsure how to continue.

"But what? Spit it out." He doesn't want to get involved again. You thought.

"He doesn't want to get involved again, he doesn't want to hurt you again. He loves you y/n, he's afraid he's gonna fuck it up again." You fought back the tears that were fighting to flow down your cheeks.

"Too late." You closed your eyes for a second and took a deep breath. "If he didn't want to hurt me again, he should have never stopped when he saw me on that sidewalk." Your heart felt like it was ripped from your chest again, but this time your head was saying I told you so, instead of the question it was asking its self on repeat six years ago; what did I do wrong?

"y/n-"

"I don't want to hear you make up excuses for him again." You said as tears won the battle and traced their way down your cheeks, leaving glistening paths for more to follow.

"I-I'm sorry." Haz choked out. He hated seeing you cry but he didn't know what to do. He was already preparing a few choice words to scream at Tom when he went back to his house.

"Go, please just go." Your voice caught in the back of your throat.

"I'm sorry."

You took a deep breath and looked around at the boxes in front of you. You had a lot of work ahead of you and not a lot of time. Each box you opened you held your breath, worried that memories would come flying out like Pandora's Box; but they didn't.

"Hey love, it's getting late, how's it going?" Andrew said popping his head into the bedroom.

"Good, I guess." He gave you a small smile, sensing you were still shaken up.

"Do you want me to put some tea on or-?"

"Tea. Tea sounds great, thank you." You responded as you started hanging clothes in the closet, not even looking at him.

"Uh, love?" Andrew said, confusion audible in his voice.

"Yea?"

"There is a letter for you." He said still very confused.

"Oh, okay." You said walking to the kitchen.

Y/n. Was written on the front of the letter in familiar handwriting.

Tom.

I promise, I will never hurt you.

Lies.