36-

//Promises don't last forever, but forever can't exist without promises//

Haz's POV

"-As for you, Harrison, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime for dinner or something when I get back to the states?" Addi asked.

"Sorry, I can't. With everything that's been going on I've just been too busy." I lied, the truth is, well, something about Addi always felt off, especially when Tom and y/n were hanging out. I kept getting these jealous vibes from her, even though she never showed any interest in dating Tom or y/n. I hung up the phone and looked over at Tom, who was now clutching the counter for support.

He noticed me watching him and his eyes met mine. The amount of emotions I picked up on from one glance honestly scared me. I am usually told that I am oblivious Addi's words cracked Tom into an open book.

"So, this is how it feels," Tom said slowly, tears slowly welling up in his eyes. "This is how it feels to have someone cut you out of their life."

"Mate," I started, not really knowing what I could say to help him hurt less.

"I'm going for a run."

-

Two days later

I was still worried about Tom, he had deep circles under his eyes, and he seemed to spend every free moment taking out his emotions on the punching bag that hung in his room.

"Ey." Tom said walking into the kitchen, his knuckles all different shades of purple, blue and yellow.

"You gotta stop this. You're going to fracture your hand."

"I'm fine." He said harshly.

"No, you're not, and that's okay." I said hoping he would calm down so we could talk.

"I don't need your help." He said sharply before heading back to his room to get another round of punches in.

Then I had an idea, an idea that I punched myself for not thinking about sooner. I pulled out my phone and dialed y/n's number.

"Hello?" She said sounding confused.

"Hey, its Haz."

"Hey." She took a deep breath then continued. "Did Tom get my message?" She held her breath.

"Yeah, he did actually."

"Really?" She sounded both relieved and concerned.

"Addi blocked his number on your phone, he's tried to call you back."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I heard taping from the other end of the phone, probably her trying to unblock his number.

"How is he?" She asked the tapping stopped.

"Between us, he's a mess. I'm worried about him." She sucked in a breath.

"I didn't mean what I said, I was just so angry, it just slipped out." She said shakily.

"I know, and deep-down Tom knows it too."

"Is he there?" She asked delicately.

"Yeah, he's in his room doing a number on the punching bag, want me to pass him the phone?"

"No, I'll call him. Thank you Haz."

"Of course."

Y/n's POV

You hung up on Haz, it felt like a weight had been lifted off your chest. You just hoped that it would stay that way. You dialed Tom's number, your fingers shaky.

"Hello?" Tom said surprised.

"Hey." You heard him suck in a breath, the sound of his voice knocked the air out of your lungs too. You both stayed quiet for a second, unsure of what to say first.

a/n: sorry for the short chapter and cliffhanger, I have been very overwhelmed with schoolwork and other personal problems. I hope to be able to update soon. I usually have a chapter or two written in advance and I haven't even started 37. Thank you all for reading and supporting me and my stories along the way and it makes me happy to know that people actually like (or pretend to like) them.

-Nicole